First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yeah maybe. I go from sport to high pretty quickly. I never really put it in highest from lowest though so maybe that’s why I’m not having issues. For my use case it’s plenty fast.
Going to highest takes time but I have only tested going there, have not really driven it there. It is really recommended to use high off-road and highest for those rare occurrences when a touch more is needed.

Keep in mind as well there is a 50% difference in range between the Ram 4” and the R1 6”. Probably a better comparison is Ram lowest to highest verses R1 lowest to high.
Sponsored

zymolysis

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T [RUS, PTC (broken), 20"], 2008 Ford E350
Occupation
third party service
Clubs

Yeah maybe, but I don't really hear mine now too often and I suspect there is a limit to how noisy/ slow it will get before being actually broken and therefore covered.
I suspect that there is no such limit (I doubt there is a published spec on noise or rate of building pressure). But I hope that neither you nor I will ever need to find out - that the compressor will continue to perform its task acceptably throughout our years of ownership.

Scoop

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Sport, Volvo XC90
Occupation
Retired
I’ve had similar experience. The front end is lower than the back. When you’re backing out of a parking space and turn the wheel it will rub in the wheel well. I now put it standard mode before moving . When driving, the front drops a little. It was brought to Boston Service Center 3 weeks after it was delivered to me on Aug 2022 and was told it was normal. Check out the photos and tell me if it looks normal. It’s going back to Boston in Aug. 2023.

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: New R1 from Feb getting upgraded suspension air compressor IMG_0737

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: New R1 from Feb getting upgraded suspension air compressor IMG_0736

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: New R1 from Feb getting upgraded suspension air compressor IMG_0740

Rivian R1T R1S Rumor: New R1 from Feb getting upgraded suspension air compressor IMG_0742

nelw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
I’ve had similar experience. The front end is lower than the back. When you’re backing out of a parking space and turn the wheel it will rub in the wheel well. I now put it standard mode before moving . When driving, the front drops a little. It was brought to Boston Service Center 3 weeks after it was delivered to me on Aug 2022 and was told it was normal. Check out the photos and tell me if it looks normal. It’s going back to Boston in Aug. 2023.

IMG_0737.jpeg

IMG_0736.jpeg

IMG_0740.jpeg

IMG_0742.jpeg
Your front is too low for sure. Should match the back.
Sponsored