Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model 3, BMW i3
Occupation
Finance
Rivian R1T R1S Rrivian Production and Preorder Data 1646955684489

*Information taken from S1, Prospectus and 2021 Q3-Q4 Shareholder Letters

Somewhat surprising that preorder rate has fallen by more than half YTD vs Q4 2021, although I guess the IPO hype helped a lot last year and Ford's and Chevy's trucks are now part of the competitive landscape, which surely made a dent.

In terms of production output, it seems reasonable that they could triple the most current rate for the remainder of the year to hit their new estimated volume for 2022, given that they're still ramping up.

Edited: corrected production data, which is for all vehicles, including R1 and EDV
Sponsored

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
1646955684489.png

*Information taken from S1, Prospectus and 2021 Q3-Q4 Shareholder Letters

Somewhat surprising that preorder rate has fallen by more than half YTD vs Q4 2021, although I guess the IPO hype helped a lot last year and Ford's and Chevy's trucks are now part of the competitive landscape, which surely made a dent.

In terms of production output, it seems reasonable that they could triple the most current rate for the remainder of the year to hit their new estimated volume for 2022, given that they're still ramping up.

Edited: corrected production data, which is for all vehicles, including R1 and EDV
You did not include the 2400 deliveries. Once they deliver they would drop off so that 12000 on 3/8 should be closer to 13,400 to account for 2022 deliveries. We also do not know the official cancelation number to account for.

All that being said, 145 1k deposit reservations a day for a vehicle that has an 18 month+ backlog seems pretty solid. That is a clip of 52k a year (3.9B).