Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Second that. Maybe we could ask and encourage John, with rivianforums' help, for an expanded study. Get folks to give up-to-date info and encourage participation.

OP
OP
johnking

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
Thank you @skyote , @Coast2Coast . Appreciate it. It's pretty humbling. A lot of credit to this forum and active members like you, @ajdelange , @EyeOnRivian, @Pherdnut, @Jay and many others for getting the conversations going, keeping many reservation holders engaged, excited and educated. The analysis, outcome is just a small credit to all the members who have provided data and to @Lil'O Annie , @Electronaut for starting those threads as well. Goes on to say that virtual communities do make a difference in this world and more so at a time like this. Cheers !! Certainly if we have more data available we could do more stuff together !

Last edited:

Joel

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo
Great work @johnking! The other unknown is Ford and the vehicle that Rivian is partnered on.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
John@johnking.

Would it be possible to put together a new survey, with the full cooperation of the forum administrator, asking questions you'd like to ask for doing a new version of the statistical analysis you did earlier? Questions about where forum folks are from, maybe with greater specificity than state of residence, what they've pre-ordered, when they pre-ordered, and maybe demographic, social, economic & occupational information? Maybe something about experience with EVs, plug-ins or hybrids or a lack thereof?

I don't know if forum folks would find this intrusive and whether they'd be willing to participate.

Your analysis of the information already available on this site was so well done and so well received that a more detailed, up-to-date analysis would be greatly welcomed, at least by me. Of course, you'd have to be willing to do another statistical analysis.

Do forum folks kindly react to this suggestion? A good idea or not?

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
johnking

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
We can definitely do that Mark (@Coast2Coast). Would love to hear some reactions from the forum members on the suggestion.

Administrator

Administrator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Clubs

John@johnking.

Would it be possible to put together a new survey, with the full cooperation of the forum administrator, asking questions you'd like to ask for doing a new version of the statistical analysis you did earlier? Questions about where forum folks are from, maybe with greater specificity than state of residence, what they've pre-ordered, when they pre-ordered, and maybe demographic, social, economic & occupational information? Maybe something about experience with EVs, plug-ins or hybrids or a lack thereof?

I don't know if forum folks would find this intrusive and whether they'd be willing to participate.

Your analysis of the information already available on this site was so well done and so well received that a more detailed, up-to-date analysis would be greatly welcomed, at least by me. Of course, you'd have to be willing to do another statistical analysis.

Do forum folks kindly react to this suggestion? A good idea or not?
Good idea. Here to support in whatever way!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Would love to participate in a survey!

Sponsored

MTrivianR1T

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Tacoma, 2012 Subaru Outback, 2016 Highlander
Occupation
Self employed
Second that. Maybe we could ask and encourage John, with rivianforums' help, for an expanded study. Get folks to give up-to-date info and encourage participation.
Although I preordered a R1T in Aug. ‘19 this is my first time commenting. I appreciated all the time put in on these delivery projections. As it seems I’m the only Montanan that has preordered a R1T, I’m ok with waiting till 3rd or 4th quarter of 21 especially if it results in a better/longer range truck. I plan to replace my Subaru Outback and Tacoma with one vehicle that can do all the things I want: work, haul trailers, camp, hunt. And do it economically and with STYLE.

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alan, I second what you're saying. I have three vehicles, an '81 Volvo wagon which has sentimental value and very occasional use for covered hauling, a slightly lifted, long bed, supercharged Tacoma with very low miles that is used once or twice a month at best, and a Prius which provides remarkably reliable, economical, daily transportation. I'm anxious to trade in all three for a single, all purpose vehicle that can, as you say, do it economically and with STYLE.

That's a huge appeal of a Rivian. Instead of special purpose vehicles - want to go fast, get a sportscar, want to haul, get a pickup, want to take the family to the beach, get a SUV - get one reliable, economical to operate, all purpose vehicle that does everything well. Nirvana.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
There must be something in the name...

Alan in Austin

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There must be something in the name...

Alan in Austin
LOL!

Skyler in Austin. Haven't seen another Skyler on here yet. ;-)
Sponsored