Sponsored

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Silly me, and I thought is was still 2021. My bad! Still have time to even be a bit sillier I guess.

$80k isn't a lot for a vehicle, much less a performance/EV. If you're embarrassed to say the Rivian costs $80k, that's a bit silly. Farmers are driving around in $100k trucks, a new 392 Jeep Wrangler is over $73k. This isn't 2009, it's 2022.
Sponsored

Last edited:

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

The Mach-E we hope to purchase in November will be 2x more than we paid for our most expensive vehicle, which was our 2007 Prius back in 2007.

We would never spend $60-90k on an ICE. We will probably sell the Mach-E when our R1T is ready in late 2023 early 2024.

IMO a large percentage of folks buying big expensive trucks can not afford them.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
10 days left in Sept. I haven't heard of any new contacts. I wonder what the plan is. I'm dec 8, 2018, my cousin is Dec 1, 2018. No Guide contacts for us, and El Segundo is not far. Can't assume they are building a bunch of trucks before people even lock in their configurations.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
10 days left in Sept. I haven't heard of any new contacts. I wonder what the plan is. I'm dec 8, 2018, my cousin is Dec 1, 2018. No Guide contacts for us, and El Segundo is not far. Can't assume they are building a bunch of trucks before people even lock in their configurations.
I have a feeling they're holding off on releasing a bunch of info until end of the month with the first "first drive" event happening over the weekend and the embargo lifting Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I've been pondering your last point as well. They have an idea of what configurations are out there (for example, 500 LG trucks with Ocean coast interior, running on 21s). They can crank out a bunch of them ahead of time now, and then match them with configurations at the last minute if needed. As the run out of launch edition pool, they'll have to switch to a per-order basis, but they should have plenty of outstanding orders for now so it wouldn't be a big concern.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I have a feeling they're holding off on releasing a bunch of info until end of the month with the first "first drive" event happening over the weekend and the embargo lifting Monday or Tuesday of next week.

I've been pondering your last point as well. They have an idea of what configurations are out there (for example, 500 LG trucks with Ocean coast interior, running on 21s). They can crank out a bunch of them ahead of time now, and then match them with configurations at the last minute if needed. As the run out of launch edition pool, they'll have to switch to a per-order basis, but they should have plenty of outstanding orders for now so it wouldn't be a big concern.

That makes sense. Wheels and let's say the gear shuttle are easy to change/remove. I'm okay waiting a few months for the truck, but just a little nervous about Congress ruining the $7500 credit. Really would be nice if I can lock the purchase in by Dec. 31.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Also, am I the only one that cares how much volume we will lose in the tunnel with the gear shuttle? I keep asking CS and they have no clue. Simple question, if there is 11.6 cu. Ft without the tunnel (according to the motors article), how much with the shuttle????

staples

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Zero FXS, Tesla Y
Clubs

It appears to be a few inches thick. I don't know the width and depth of it, but you should be able to guesstimate it and do some simple math.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
It appears to be a few inches thick. I don't know the width and depth of it, but you should be able to guesstimate it and do some simple math.
Yes, but they can't even share the width/depth of it, that's the problem.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Assume it is the same length and width as the gear tunnel and estimate its depth from the picture and then do the math.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
'm buying a few things that we expect to take with us on road trips, and wanted to know if they'd fit in the gear tunnel.

So I decided to hit up the chat and see if they'd tell me.

And they did!

The gear tunnel is 65.6" long, the height is 21.2", and the width is 15.3"

Yes, the shape is irregular and those dimensions don't tell the COMPLETE story, but they were enough to answer my question.
15.3" (1.275') * 3" (.25') * 65.6" (5.467') = 1.74 cu ft

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

LE pre-order, early March, 2019, R1T and R1S. Best estimate now for delivery dates?

Last edited:

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Pre-order, March 2, 2019, R1T and R1S. Best estimate for delivery dates? Expecting to buy both.
Launch edition? Max pack? Those will greatly impact things, though nobody really knows.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Same - though just an R1S, and there's some wavering between LG and FG. And no contact whatsoever yet...
I'd stick with LG unless you hate it. It seems like a really cool color, and the exclusivity of it can only help if you ever wanted to sell.
Sponsored