Sponsored

Jay

First Name
Vicky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Ascent
So how long have you waited for your p100D?
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Yes but how long do,you have to wait and what could your money have made invested elsewhere.
I would hope anyone putting $1k down on a startup to reserve a spot for some future delivery is truly using disposable income.

It would be simply be irresponsible to take money from some other budget bucket to use for the deposit.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I would hope anyone putting $1k down on a startup to reserve a spot for some future delivery is truly using disposable income.

It would be simply be irresponsible to take money from some other budget bucket to use for the deposit.
Ok. Fair.
but I see all these people saying.. I’m ok with a delay because I need to save money.

anyway it’s an expensive truck. It’s getting crazy.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Sponsored

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
Ouch. Yours is among the first posts I’ve read on this forum and it’s not what I wanted to hear.
After months of delay and disappointment with the order of my first EV, Mustang Mach E, I was on the edge of ordering an R1S instead.

Much as I’ve learned to hate Ford for their horribly botched roll out, perhaps I’ll wait and see if they live up to the latest commitment. It would be a first.
The Universe has not been Cooperative to us early R1T orders
But I have faith it will be soon
MY TWO CENTS
This is the greatest Vehicle for the $ and once it is released and the general public finds out how incredible it is you will wish you placed a deposit
But I am a RJ FANBOY
If you can afford a Rivian put down a deposit you can get it back
I'm guessing that the Fortunate Amazon drivers that are behind the wheel of a R1V probably sign a NDA
But it would be cool to hear from 1 of them

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Looked at Sat image from July 4. I don't see any vehicle in the lot
Great. Looked with Google Earth, but not helpful if no idea when image was taken. Can you give us some updates from Sentinelhub for today...understanding July 4th weekend actually extended through July 5th in many places.

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Rivian R1T LE
look. If your ok with ……. yea will ship it soon. Great.
I am not that guy. Many here are not that guy either.

they promised you a truck. They took your money. Where are you now? Just sittting there waiting for a word, a video, a call, a tweet or what ever. If you ok with that. Great. I’m Not.
Oh, man. This exactly describes me waiting for my Tesla Model 3 for more than 2 years. I was a schmuck.

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
Ouch. Yours is among the first posts I’ve read on this forum and it’s not what I wanted to hear.
After months of delay and disappointment with the order of my first EV, Mustang Mach E, I was on the edge of ordering an R1S instead.

Much as I’ve learned to hate Ford for their horribly botched roll out, perhaps I’ll wait and see if they live up to the latest commitment. It would be a first.
Are you still waiting for the Mach E? I had ordered one at a dealership back in mid May after getting a test drive. The one I test drove was not the model I wanted (Route 1). After ordering, I would go online every few days and check local inventory (Phoenix). On June 14 found a Route 1 at a different local dealer and bought it.

Sponsored

Larry

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Ranger
Occupation
Retired
Are you still waiting for the Mach E? I had ordered one at a dealership back in mid May after getting a test drive. The one I test drove was not the model I wanted (Route 1). After ordering, I would go online every few days and check local inventory (Phoenix). On June 14 found a Route 1 at a different local dealer and bought it.
Ford has really made a mess of things. I ordered in January. I waited forever for a build date and now delivery was just pushed to 10/31. Even finding that out was a hassle.

I ordered a Premium, AWD, extended range.
They are pretty scarce around here. Most listed are actually still on order. Others are MSRP+

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Preordered R1S this July 2021, would be looking for the max pack. You guys think 2023 at the earliest?

Tatnai

First Name
Tatnai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
Occupation
Physician
Preordered R1S this July 2021, would be looking for the max pack. You guys think 2023 at the earliest?
Doesn't much matter what anyone here thinks... because ultimately we are guessing and have no clue.

But happy to guess with you! Definitely not before Jan 2023. Definitively.

Zeroemit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
XC90 Hybrid
How about guesses for R1S with the 135kwh pack? Next summer?

EVTrucking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unknown
Clubs

How about guesses for R1S with the 135kwh pack? Next summer?
Too many unknowns and variables.

My wild guess based on my experience with starting up several semiconductor production lines and thin air is mid -late 2023.

Ford is starting Lightning production spring 2022 and are targeting 15,000 trucks for 2022. Hard to believe Rivian will do better than that.
Sponsored