Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'd stick with LG unless you hate it. It seems like a really cool color, and the exclusivity of it can only help if you ever wanted to sell.
I hear that. But it was the FG R1S 3 years ago that caught my eye, and I have always loved land rover/range rovers in that color. So I am legit torn. Also, the wife prefers FG, though she was way more open to LG after seeing it in Sonoma.

There's certainly no wrong choice here!
Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Same - though just an R1S, and there's some wavering between LG and FG. And no contact whatsoever yet...
paariv: You can always own a FG. Get that for your next Rivian. Only one shot at LG. Signature moment. If your’s is the only LG in the city, that’s all the better! However, I identify with your dilemma. You can’t have both now, out the gate. Cheers.

Last edited:

Arky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru WRX STI
Forest green all the way, when they initially showed it off that's what I saw. I want the press color and honestly it has major Range Rover vibes which work great with the green. Whenever I see the LG it looks like olive drab and ehhhhhh I'm just not a fan

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
I saw the two next to each other at the Denver service center shindig. I thought it was a mistake to have the forest green out too. In comparison it made the launch green look like a lazy application of over thinned primer. Nobody is going to give a shit about your color when it comes to resale. Get the one that looks good to you. IMO it ain’t launch green.

Sponsored

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
From the last two days the LG looks better in subdued light as a cloudy day. In sun it shows the gold metalflake which lends the brown cast. Forest Green is just much more to my liking. On cloudy days it appears darker while in the evening it can be almost black.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
Hello!

Could anyone help with a rough estimate wait time for my January 22 order?

January 2022 Reservation
R1T
El Cap x Black Mountain
Large pack
20 ATs
no accessories

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Hello!

January 2022 Reservation
R1T
El Cap x Black Mountain
Large pack
20 ATs
no accessories
Late 2023

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

From the last two days the LG looks better in subdued light as a cloudy day. In sun it shows the gold metalflake which lends the brown cast. Forest Green is just much more to my liking. On cloudy days it appears darker while in the evening it can be almost black.
That's the beauty of it. Chameleon

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Hello!

January 2022 Reservation
R1T
El Cap x Black Mountain
Large pack
20 ATs
no accessories
Ostensibly late 2023, but it depends. Did you see any birds in the sky this morning? If so what type, how many, and what direction were they flying in?

A gaggle of geese flying south or west means you will get it this year. 2 or more crows and it could be into 2024 unfortunately.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Wrangler, Tesla Model 3
Ostensibly late 2023, but it depends. Did you see any birds in the sky this morning? If so what type, how many, and what direction were they flying in?

A gaggle of geese flying south or west means you will get it this year. 2 or more crows and it could be into 2024 unfortunately.
I live by a bald eagles nest so saw 2 of those and about 10 baby geese this morning. But thanks! This is kindof what I expected. Test drove one yesterday and it basically ruined every other car for me.

Reactions: Jac

mindstormsguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Some
I live by a bald eagles nest so saw 2 of those and about 10 baby geese this morning. But thanks! This is kindof what I expected. Test drove one yesterday and it basically ruined every other car for me.
That’s how it goes. I’ve been adamant that I need a max pack, so that’s what I’ve been waiting for. Then I drove an R1T on Tuesday, and I had to switch to a Large pack because I can’t wait an extra year.

vinsk

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M5 Competition, X7 M50i
Occupation
Engineer
Hello!

January 2022 Reservation
R1T
El Cap x Black Mountain
Large pack
20 ATs
no accessories
Reserved mine this month. You're in a better position than me :)
I've one of the early Cybertruck reservation, a tri-motor which I guess will become a quad motor. Lets see which one comes first.
Sponsored