Sponsored

JoulesVerne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T LE, 2022 Ioniq 5 SEL
The truck top lifter was really slick but I didn't want to spend that much to store my Condor Overland. I also don't have anything else mounted to the RTT so I was confident that a 200 lb limit would be enough.

My solution was to buy the two lifter Build Your Own kit, two MyLifter Pulley Blocks (the kit already comes with two), and the Truck Top Frame Hardware from Smarterhome. The total cost was around $800 after shipping, so roughly half the cost of the 4 lifter truck top kit. I had to call since their website didn't have the extra pulley blocks or truck top frame hardware for sale.

After buying four more pulleys from the hardware store it works! The only downside is that I have to use my hand to level the RTT as it moves or else it will start to get out of balance. This is because it only raises or lowers on the side directly under the lifter motor. So I have to help the other side stay level as it goes up or down. I'll take it to save $700.

Thanks to @kylealden and others in the thread for sharing their setups.
Rivian R1T R1S Rooftop tent storage solution for Rivian R1T 1000003955
Sponsored

Last edited:

golden_frog

First Name
Golden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
I have a pneumatic lift cart from harbor freight that will raise to the tailgate height. Put tent on cart, jack it up, lay it down. You'd need a decent amount of upper body strength for this method, but it is fast and can be done alone

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I know this is an older post, and from @kylealden experience the product sounds legit sadly I never was able to test it TLDR version their customer service is a problem.

After a month they still hadn't managed to send me what I ordered. I politely explained that the hardware pack fell out of the package, it was a tube (open at one end) with some rails inside and was missing the hardware to attach the rails. They explained, when they finally got back to me, that the hardware wasn't even in that box and they were sending me the hardware right away, well 'hardware' finally came and it was parts I already had so I was still missing the mounting hardware and some other things. They double checked and sure enough the hardware was supposed to be in the tube. They offered to give me a discount and overnight me the correct hardware but honestly I am done at this point, it's an expensive piece of equipment and I want to know if I have a problem getting it addressed isn't going to be an issue.

As a side result I ended up having to build a wood platform for my camper again before my service drop off yesterday, thankfully my Rivian makes that a lot easier with it's adjustable suspension.
Sponsored