Sponsored

Roof options

Wiffle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2000 4Runner SR5 4WD
Getting incrementally closer to launch. I've got a launch R1S reserved...but would really like to know what the removable roof option will look like, how it will operate and what it will cost before I decide to move forward or wait for 2022 models. Wondering if anyone else here is in the same boat and how many ppl have already reached out to Rivian with this question.
Sponsored

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
Getting incrementally closer to launch. I've got a launch R1S reserved...but would really like to know what the removable roof option will look like, how it will operate and what it will cost before I decide to move forward or wait for 2022 models. Wondering if anyone else here is in the same boat and how many ppl have already reached out to Rivian with this question.
I wonder if the removable roof option will also be for the R1T...and if its just a few more months away why not show it now. I want the launch edition but I don't want to feel like I got screwed in 6 months. I wish they would show us everything for this launch now so we can make better decisions. I don't expect any other big changes to come in the next 5-6 years at least otherwise they'll kill the value real fast.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
R1T will not have a removable roof until 2023 I believe. But even then who knows if it never happens. I’m getting the LE R1T and if I have to get a R2T in 3 years then I will.

edit* from their page

Panoramic roof
Take in the beauty of the world day and night with our all-glass panoramic roof. An open-air removable roof option will be offered in mid-2022.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

R1T will not have a removable roof until 2023 I believe. But even then who knows if it never happens. I’m getting the LE R1T and if I have to get a R2T in 3 years then I will.
Amen, Brother!

888tom888

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Self Storage
The key to panoramic roofs is having software that allows you to heat or cool the cabin as needed. My tesla m3P has a full glass roof. I put ceramic tint on it. Still in SoCal it gets hot out in the summer. So what I do is pre-cool the car before I get into it. Never an issue when you do that. I am very hopeful that Rivian will have a phone app package that allows for the user/owner to control climate control options from an app.
Sponsored