Sponsored

Rocky Mountain Rivian Club Summer Drive - Aug 6th - Corona Pass, Colorado (from Winter Park)

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
For anyone in the greater Denver Area (or anyone who would like to trek over to join us!), RMRC is organizing a drive event next Saturday on Aug 6th leaving from the Winter Park Ski Resort parking lot. As of now, we already have about 6 R1Ts confirmed, so could be a big group. It's a mellow-ish route with a nice payoff view at the end (I'm told) and room for lots of vehicles, so we thought it was a good option for our Summer drive event. Good for first-timers as well as the more experienced. Hope you can join us!

It's an early start (we're meeting at Winter Park resort at 7:30am) so we can get ahead of the big crowds and beat the afternoon rains, but we should be back in WP for a late lunch (or lunch on the top of the drive).

We're using Eventbrite for the registration. Lots more info there. DM me if you have any questions or would like to ride along (or if you're planning to come and have extra seats - we also have folks who want to join who are not yet owners).

Here's the registration link with more details:
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/corona-pass-summer-off-road-drive-tickets-390630234547

Rivian R1T R1S Rocky Mountain Rivian Club Summer Drive - Aug 6th - Corona Pass, Colorado (from Winter Park) Train Trestle - logo

See you on the trail!!
Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Thanks for putting this together! Are you guys staying in WP the night before? Or just cruising up there super early on the 6th?

We had a dozen trucks at last weekend's off-road jamboree, and it was a blast.
Glamour shot:
Rivian R1T R1S Rocky Mountain Rivian Club Summer Drive - Aug 6th - Corona Pass, Colorado (from Winter Park) 20220723_120125

Reactions: Max

The J-Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2020 BMW X5 M50
Looks like fun - have you done this trail before? Think my 22's would be OK?

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Looks like fun - have you done this trail before? Think my 22's would be OK?
Word is that it's a pretty mellow trail and we won't need to air down. I haven't done this trail before but fellow-organizer Ryan has several times and says it's a classic. I think the 22s will be fine. And, if you get in a pinch, for some reason, there will be other 22s on the trail. :)

OP
OP
Pixelshot

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Thanks for putting this together! Are you guys staying in WP the night before? Or just cruising up there super early on the 6th?

We had a dozen trucks at last weekend's off-road jamboree, and it was a blast.
Glamour shot:
20220723_120125.jpg
Wow, sounds fun!

I'll be in Keystone the night before, actually. A few are coming up early from Denver. Only one that I know of will be staying the night in the area (Frasier).

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

This is also known as Rollins Pass West. It’s super easy.
Sponsored