Chug1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Technology Manager
Clubs

Hey everyone ,I hope you're all having a great day! I recently scheduled a service appointment at Richmond service center, and once i dropped my vehicle at the location the service rep called me and informed that the rock sliders need to be removed for the vehicle to be hosted on the lift. This struck me as a bit unexpected, and it made me wonder if others have encountered the same request.Have any of you been asked to remove the 1ev Rmaxx rocksliders on your Rivian vehicle before putting it up on the lift? I'm curious to know if this is standard practice or if it varies depending on the mechanic.Additionally, I was given a quote of roughly $400 for the labor costs associated to take them off and put the back on. While I understand that skilled labor comes at a price, I can't help but raise a concern about the potential wear and tear that occurs when these rocksliders are frequently put on and taken off for a service center visits. Has anyone else shared similar worries or experienced any damage to their rocksliders during this process?I appreciate any insights or experiences you can share regarding this matter. It's always helpful to learn from the community's collective knowledge and expertise.Looking forward to hearing from you all!
Sponsored

FooF

First Name
FooF
Threads
Reaction score
Website
foof.me
Vehicles
2022 R1S Launch Green
Occupation
DJ
Clubs

Did they say why they think that the sliders need to be removed to hoist the vehicle? It is my understanding that it has not been an issue for many others.
@EV Sportline can you provide a picture or guidance for service center so that they know where lift points are located?

Last edited:

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

my understanding is you jack up the vehicle directly on the rock sliders, no need for jack pucks. Sounds like Rivian doesnt want to do that? liability thing?

i have the RMaxx running boards, which are different than and the sliders, so not an exact comp but it doesnt block the light points so thats probably why they've never mentioned having to take them off for any service visit (4) ive had. id imagine there would be some wear and tear on the sliders themselves from removing/installing but id be more worried about the body bolts getting stripped.

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
I see that the RMaxx sliders have something they call "Rock Slider Armor Under Side" that are metal plates that are probably covering the lift points of the R1T? Perhaps they just need to remove those plates and not the sliders themselves.

UnsungZero_OldTimeAdMan

First Name
Barnum
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 GW Quad-Large R1T "Ghost"
Occupation
Advertising Circus
EV Sportline's product page:
We also thought forward on jack points and we've got you covered, with additional jack functionality added.
Compatible with Jack Pucks!
Brackets are clearanced to allow use of Team 1EV jack pucks
If the armor plate is removable and covering the jack points, probably just a matter of unbolting them?

Sponsored

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I have these sliders.

They have the same jack points--they've literally machined the same diameter holes to receive jack pucks that the body of the truck already possesses. There is no reason Rivian should have to remove anything whatsoever, unless they're servicing the HV battery pack.

Soju1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

I have the sliders and mobile service wouldn’t do a tire rotation because of it. I was looking under there and didn’t see where to put the pucks and the tech didn’t want to just lift it by the sliders. Any photos of where the puck goes after the sliders are installed would be great.

R1Thor

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23QM R1T, Limestone + Ocean Coast, 21" & UBS
Occupation
Mechanical Engineering Lead
Clubs

I have the sliders and mobile service wouldn’t do a tire rotation because of it. I was looking under there and didn’t see where to put the pucks and the tech didn’t want to just lift it by the sliders. Any photos of where the puck goes after the sliders are installed would be great.
Rivian R1T R1S RMaxx Rocksliders need to be removed for service @ Richmond service center 1712073743195-d1

These unpopulated holes are where you stick your jack pucks.

If you pay close attention, these match the factory locations.

EDIT:
I'm also curious as to why you and your tech were afraid to jack the truck by the sliders?
IF the sliders cannot withstand you jacking the truck up (a relatively static force to lift), why on earth would you trust these to protect your truck when offroading due to recursive and shock loading???

Soju1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Clubs

Thanks for the photos. I kept telling the tech to just lift it and he said he has to use the pucks for safety reasons and since we couldn’t see where the pucks go he directed me that I should just go to discount tires.
Sponsored