Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Where did you see that these employees were not paying for them? The package described elsewhere (at least for later employees), included a monthly allowance towards the purchase of one.

IMO, even if they are part of their compensation package for sticking it out for so long, they have indeed paid for them. Think of them as very, very early preorder holders.
I also wouldn't begrudge them their stock options
I don’t begrudge them. I’m happy for them. I’m simply saying I consider their deliveries to not meet my threshold for what I expected: At least one delivery to a customer without employment/funding ties. There are still several days left in September, so Rivian may still meet/exceed my personal threshold. I’m hopeful that occurs.
Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I don’t begrudge them. I’m happy for them. I’m simply saying I consider their deliveries to not meet my threshold for what I expected: At least one delivery to a customer without employment/funding ties. There are still several days left in September, so Rivian may still meet/exceed my personal threshold. I’m hopeful that occurs.
I can see that perspective and it makes sense. For me the threshold is, can this employee turn around and legally sell the truck tomorrow to a third party with no strings attached? If yes, then the initial delivery is a proper one in my book.

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I'm sure their first employees are paid well enough to afford the truck themselves.

exactly, and wait until their shares convert over after the IPO, they can probably each get an R1S as well.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Of note, some of these people are not current employees.

DocAdvocate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a Rivian
There was a rumor going around that they have an employee program where they can buy a vehicle and Rivian will pay them 1000 a month for 2 years where they will allow for the car to be monitored and provide feedback.

That was in one of the forums, did not search for it but that was how I remembered it.

EDIT: this was the thread pot 15
To my knowledge this program is no longer available so maybe the first few employees are able to take advantage of it but otherwise I believe they are paying full price like everyone else.

r1s-owner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S, Honda CRV
Occupation
Software Engineer (Principal Architect)
"some of Rivian's earliest employees"

Earliest != Current and also doesn't mean that all of these employees could have bought their private shares if they did indeed leave the company so may or may not be a current private share holder.

No reason to speculate, I'm sure after next week there will be plenty of public articles and posts fr "normal" people that we all can spend hours dissecting for every single detail.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, I’m at 10 cars…
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

There was a rumor going around that they have an employee program where they can buy a vehicle and Rivian will pay them 1000 a month for 2 years where they will allow for the car to be monitored and provide feedback.

That was in one of the forums, did not search for it but that was how I remembered it.

EDIT: this was the thread pot 15
I’ve had this confirmed from a friend of a friend who works there…

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Lucky to be working at Rivian and getting some of the first deliveries. Kudos to them for that loyalty and commitment.

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Deliveries in September: âś…
To me, providing vehicles to an employee or big time investor in a factory setting isn't the "real thing". Still looking/hoping to see deliveries to those who placed an order as "general public" customer. Providing vehicles to employees in the factory isn't the same a providing vehicles to the general public through the delivery path/operation that most of us will see. (I admit, could be wrong, I'm reading in between the lines, not really sure who was delivered what and how)

I'm a bit disappointed we're almost at months end and aren't seeing deliveries to the general public, and still don't have examples of a general public delivery to help set expections.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
To me, providing vehicles to an employee or big time investor in a factory setting isn't the "real thing". Still looking/hoping to see deliveries to those who placed an order as "general public" customer. Providing vehicles to employees in the factory isn't the same a providing vehicles to the general public through the delivery path/operation that most of us will see. (I admit, could be wrong, I'm reading in between the lines, not really sure who was delivered what and how)

I'm a bit disappointed we're almost at months end and aren't seeing deliveries to the general public, and still don't have examples of a general public delivery to help set expections.
I agree in general, but these are production VINs now on public roads. It’s a big step. And I think there’ll be more to come this week at the big Normal event.

thedole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE
Occupation
Brewmeister
So deliveries have started, though maybe they don't qualify in everyone's book. None the less, we have resalable, street legal, non dealer VIN vehicles that some amount of money was paid to acquire out there. As I predicted before, employees would be the first deliveries and I expect they will continue to be prioritized as it essentially provides some level of beta testing for customer deliveries and other things like the app as well as incentive to continue to work for Rivian. I assume there will be quite a few employee's opt to buy a Rivian at whatever their discount is. My question is who is actually scheduled for a delivery in October that isn't an employee or insider? I couldn't find mention anywhere on the forums that anyone has a firm date or range of dates sooner than November.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

While I have no inside information, I suspect anybody that already received one is under an NDA until after the news embargo is lifted.

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Great way to reward the early believer employees and to test all the bugs in the purchase system.
Sponsored