First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Realtor
There was a rumor going around that they have an employee program where they can buy a vehicle and Rivian will pay them 1000 a month for 2 years where they will allow for the car to be monitored and provide feedback.

That was in one of the forums, did not search for it but that was how I remembered it.
This is true, my friend interviewed with rivian and was told of this as a bonus of employment...pretty sweet perk.

I'm also cool with these going to early employees. They helped build this company from the ground up. Without their hardwork we would never get our trucks.
Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Seems clear they are early employees who, because they took delivery, are now also the earliest deliveries. Don’t think we need to parse this legalistically, and it’s explain why we haven’t seen forum posts from anyone with a September delivery date.
Remember this, not EVERYONE that ordered a Rivian, is a member of any of these forums. We dont have clue one who has or hasn't received their vehicles.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Remember this, not EVERYONE that ordered a Rivian, is a member of any of these forums. We dont have clue one who has or hasn't received their vehicles.
of course this is true. But if early deliveries are predominantly to insiders, it makes it far less likely people will post about the arrangements.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think I'll be the most excited when a delivery happens to someone who isn't an employee, former-employee, friend of a former employee, and is willing to post a ton of videos about the truck.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I’m fine with employees getting early deliveries, but I don’t consider these to be production deliveries. When RJ confirmed deliveries would begin in September I interpreted that to mean to actual paying customers without employment/funding links to Rivian.

Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Seems clear they are early employees who, because they took delivery, are now also the earliest deliveries. Don’t think we need to parse this legalistically, and it’s explain why we haven’t seen forum posts from anyone with a September delivery date.
That post is the next big milestone!

Hilbe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MS P100D, Tesla MX 90D Unicorn, Rivian R1S
Would much rather the employees get the first builds that probably have some quality issues as they ramp up/perfect processes. Can you imagine all the YouTube videos of stuff falling off/breaking if it went to actual customers?

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

And they went to employees. I want to say surprised, but not really. I expected Bezos to be #1 next week.

Not sure I would place any weight in their comments.
Reading the Twitter comments, it appears to me that Rivian is claiming these were not the official first deliveries and that some trucks are out there.
Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Some Early Rivian Deliveries Go To Earliest Company Employees! A0013645-17B0-433F-8890-4093C74AF3FD

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
"A special night with some of Rivian's earliest employees and now earliest deliveries! Some of these families have been helping build our company for over 11 years. Thanks for all the hard work and dedication." @RJScaringe

FAGViJIXIAAu_pf.jpeg

FAGViJgWQAAhzGV.jpeg

FAGViJgXIAAiZNi.jpeg

FAGViJiXEAAQbo-.jpeg

Wow, it is a nice thing to see

Sponsored

Swilly

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
A Little Bit of Everything
Clubs

Bbernardo

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 Tacoma / 08 H3
Great news to hear that deliveries are kicking off. Ready to hear stories of delivery from people on the board here.

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
And they went to employees. I want to say surprised, but not really. I expected Bezos to be #1 next week.

Not sure I would place any weight in their comments.
I believe that is the way it should be!
Without them we don't have a Truck!
RJ is a great man

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I’m fine with employees getting early deliveries, but I don’t consider these to be production deliveries. When RJ confirmed deliveries would begin in September I interpreted that to mean to actual paying customers without employment/funding links to Rivian.
Where did you see that these employees were not paying for them? The package described elsewhere (at least for later employees), included a monthly allowance towards the purchase of one.

IMO, even if they are part of their compensation package for sticking it out for so long, they have indeed paid for them. Think of them as very, very early preorder holders.
I also wouldn't begrudge them their stock options
Sponsored