TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

RJ tweet with video of the van and truck.

I think it is cool that they are able to use their own products for their service vehicles. I am sure it also informs them some on the usefulness of the products and it looks cool.

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
So distance from a SC shouldn't be as big an issue?

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

I think the service vehicles stay local (they have to be able to drive out and back on one charge). Your truck will still get towed to the service center if you live far away.

OP
OP

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

I think the service vehicles stay local (they have to be able to drive out and back on one charge). Your truck will still get towed to the service center if you live far away.
They can also use the fast charge network to travel further if needed.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Sponsored

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN
The one that only exists at 5 stations so far?
Don't know about where you live, but there are at least 13 DCFC stations between me and my SC in Cleveland depending on what route they take. And this isn't exactly a hotspot for charging. There are plenty of DCFC for them to use all over the country around their service centers. A few places might be limited by lack of chargers to only do mobile service on one charge, but they are very few.

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

They can also use the fast charge network to travel further if needed.
So they're going to eat up the resources of a tech so he/she can drive 5 hours to complete a 45 minute service to drive 5 hours back...

Or they can call a tow, keep the tech in the SC to work on the bazillion other tickets that are open, and then fix the issue once it arrives at the SC...

If I were Rivian, I think I would go with the latter approach.

OP
OP

TxBeachRivian

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura
Clubs

So they're going to eat up the resources of a tech so he/she can drive 5 hours to complete a 45 minute service to drive 5 hours back...

Or they can call a tow, keep the tech in the SC to work on the bazillion other tickets that are open, and then fix the issue once it arrives at the SC...

If I were Rivian, I think I would go with the latter approach.
Makes sense for sure to maximize resources. Assuming they can put together a decent route I was thinking more about working out and back in making multiple stops. You are right that going out for just one appointment seems pretty inefficient no matter how far you are going.