Sponsored

509R1T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Canyon Rivian R1T
Clubs

Right now I would like to see them fix the distribution side. They have thousands of vehicles built that need to be delivered. When I was at the factory on 1/26/2023 the lot was full of R1S and R1Ts.
I also picked up my R1T on 1/26 at the factory in the morning. I did see 2 Launch Green R1S in the delivery center when I got there so wondering if one of them was yours. One of them was actively being picked up by the owner when I arrived so we may have briefly crossed paths if that was you! Did you see a Red Canyon R1T in there when you picked yours up?
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The Enduro is physically larger and I assume there's no way to fit 4 of them.
I wouldn't be so sure of that. Rivian's Dual Inverter patent suggests there's an A and B motor side possible for the enduro.

Rivian R1T R1S RJ shows "Ramping production of our new [Dual-Motor R1] Enduro drive unit" 1677081141258

Of course there's always a chance Rivian knows we (I) look at these filings and they're just trolling me.

Last edited:

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I also picked up my R1T on 1/26 at the factory in the morning. I did see 2 Launch Green R1S in the delivery center when I got there so wondering if one of them was yours. One of them was actively being picked up by the owner when I arrived so we may have briefly crossed paths if that was you! Did you see a Red Canyon R1T in there when you picked yours up?
I’m pretty sure that was the vehicle behind mine, I tried to look at Pictures but did not get one with the vehicle behind it. I was there at 9:30 picking it up, did the factory tour at 9:00.

If it was you we were going to do the tour together but your guide saw us talking and did not want to interrupt so took you on the tour solo. If it was you bummer we did not meet.

This was my vehicle, the guy was finishing putting the front plate on.
Rivian R1T R1S RJ shows "Ramping production of our new [Dual-Motor R1] Enduro drive unit" 7B6FC70C-2F39-41E0-AC4C-D3D97BA6E21C

Last edited:

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Crazy to me that a company can build an entirely new drive unit in house, begin production on 3 new to market vehicles in one year, but fails to deliver a manual tonneau cover, or powered cover that works.
It's not that crazy when you consider how pivotal the Enduro motor is to the overall success of the company long term considering it will be the foundation for all current and future vehicles that they produce.

Dcavalheiro

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S Quad / Tesla Model Y Performance
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I am happy they are progressing their expertise to have a engine that fit the concept of the car, but sad because I was sent back to the end of the list, again...

H1 2024 for me...
Well on the bright side, it's a 2024 with 2018 price and a lot of fixes

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I like the noise of my quad motors
Personally I do too. Some don't. I think it was intentional to have some noise in the cabin that's not fake pumped in noise, but that's just an educated guess.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
So seriously, when do we get specs/range/etc? They are about to ship them right?

TexasBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I am happy they are progressing their expertise to have a engine that fit the concept of the car, but sad because I was sent back to the end of the list, again...

H1 2024 for me...
Me too! I would gladly swap the quad for a dual R1S at the same price if it accelerated the availability. Wonder if that option will ever come?

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I like the noise of my quad motors
Oddly I do as well, gives a little feedback to throttle input.

I have found that not driving in auto for the suspension also gets rid of most of the compressor noise in the R1S. I do use kneel mode but once I get in and it settles on my selected ride height I virtually never have the compressor kick on.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So seriously, when do we get specs/range/etc? They are about to ship them right?
I thought the target was around June for dual motor launch.

SDH

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE; Jeep Rubicon
Crazy to me that a company can build an entirely new drive unit in house, begin production on 3 new to market vehicles in one year, but fails to deliver a manual tonneau cover, or powered cover that works.
Yeah, agree. I just spoke with CS and asked (long shot I know) if they had any insight on the manual cover. Nothing. No clue. No visibility. HOW???? Smart engineers working in this place.

I also asked about a spare wheel .... forget it.

CruxOp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1s

H1 2024 for me...
Same here, hoping we end up with quad Enduro. Would make the wait worth it.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Plus, if SC support is the "bottleneck", doesn't it make more sense to expand that to continue whittling down the backlog?
I would have preferred that Rivian pursue partnerships with Audi/VW/Subaru dealers. They’re shooting themselves in the foot trying to copy Tesla. By the time they build out their service network, competitors will have their own EV adventure vehicles on the market. The name of the game is moving quickly and capturing enough market share to remain a viable independent entity, not building the world’s perfect service network by 2035.

I am perhaps biased, though: I hate that Rivian holds monopoly power on the service of my car. Eventually it will let them screw me on warranty repairs, as Tesla did. Actually, given the four month wait for a service appointment, perhaps that has already begun.
Sponsored