Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I haven’t. I’ve only seen Rivian Blue, White, Launch Green.

Ultimately I’ll probably stick with El Cap, but that Red Canyon does turn my head.
El Cap is 😍 in person. I think EC/FE is the best looking combo, but I suspect that EC will be very hard to keep looking clean. Dark colored cars always look dirty if they’re not super clean.
Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Looks very slick and innovative.
if it came with a bigger battery and plywood will fit inside I might be swayed (not.)

I'm also not one for power everything. In fact my kid asked me to disconnect a sensor on his escape PIEV power hatch because the foot sensor keeps closing the hatch without any input. Likely a fix coming by the manufacturer, but he's lucky I have most of the automotive connector kits and can make a proper termination instead of winding electrical tape around it lol.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yeah but my Disco I could raise and lower the seats with my phone.

Not too mentioned heated and AC seats 1st and 2nd row, with heater 3rd row seats.

I loved my Disco, wish the R1S had power seats.
I would love ventilated second row seats and heated third row.

I’m not a fan of power-operated second and third row seats though. I can raise and lower our LR3 seats in a fraction of the time power-operated seats take. I understand why people with kids prefer the power-operated seats, especially when you can configure them from the vehicle’s app. Assuming nothing is in the way, adjusting from the app would effectively be faster than the manual seats since it takes no time if done in advance.

Waiting for the power second row seats to move so people can get into or out of the 3rd row can’t be avoided, though. The manual seats will always be faster in that case.

Like everything else about our vehicles, it boils down to personal needs and personal preference.

Taco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T R1S
Ugh Red and Yellow are both MUCH better on screen than in person. I love how the yellow and red look in pictures but there's just something missing in person. Sadly.

If the red was more red OMG... If the yellow was canary yellow oh yes and twice on Thursday.

Still in camp blue ATM but the red did look nice today when i went and looked at them again.

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
But honestly, just think, when was the last time a CEO of a 20 billion $ Co. went down and made a video like that with an employee...I'm sure it was scripted, it was rehearsed, but I haven't seen Mary Barra do that much, or maybe one of the Ford's...awesome.
But on the other hand, what does that say about the people who are responsible for properly documenting the features. If they did their job effectively to begin with, the CEO of the company wouldn't have to take time out of his day to make this video. Not really how I want to see a CEO spend his time. Should have been delegated to a more appropriate department, e.g. PR or marketing departments.

Sponsored

freshpow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
But on the other hand, what does that say about the people who are responsible for properly documenting the features. If they did their job effectively to begin with, the CEO of the company wouldn't have to take time out of his day to make this video. Not really how I want to see a CEO spend his time. Should have been delegated to a more appropriate department, e.g. PR or marketing departments.
It’s a 2 minute video my guy and I’m sure it was arranged by PR/marketing…

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
Much more reliable
Reliable? A first model year new EV from a first time auto manufacturer?

The seats, I guess I'll give you that, not being power fold... But EVERYTHING else is what I'd be more worried about 😉

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Here's hoping Rivian eventually releases a mattress for the R1S, similar to a JeepSleep (or Deep Sleep depending on lawyers). I am sure someone will release something eventually. R1T gets a kitchen, why not the R1S a mattress? I was thinking maybe also a heated blanket that could plug in somewhere, but it may be more efficient to run the climate control overnight.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
Quite limited vertical height in the back... will not be that great for camping among other things.
I believe that is a consequence of the battery packs being at the bottom of the vehicle. We have a Pacifica Hybrid. The 3rd row seats Stow-and-go right into the floor, but the 2nd row does not...they can be taken out of the van, but can't fold into the floor. Perhaps to make these stow-and-go, they had to sacrifice height in the cabin after folding.

The ICE version of the Pacifica doesn't have this issue with the 2nd row. It folds into the floor because there isn't a batter beneath it

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Interesting that the buttons drop the 2nd row, but you still have to reach the seats to drop the 3rd row. I think it's going to be tough for short people to reach those levers for the 3rd row—but I'm hoping to see one in person at some point!
It would have been far easier for her, had she lifted the bottom rear door and latched it in place. That forced her to have to stand further from the seat backs by about 8" I'm guessing.

Sponsored

KurtP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Not sure they were 'powered' or not. Spring and gravity appearance to me.

But honestly, just think, when was the last time a CEO of a 20 billion $ Co. went down and made a video like that with an employee...I'm sure it was scripted, it was rehearsed, but I haven't seen Mary Barra do that much, or maybe one of the Ford's...awesome.
In a time when creepy and unethical behavior has infested the executive leadership at other EV company, it is refreshing to see down to earth level headed leadership at Rivian.

While I am out of the market for the next 5 years (minimum), my intention is to become an investor after they demonstrate their ability to deliver at increasing ramp rate by Q3.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
My wife is currently doing more box jumps so she'll have enough vertical to reach that liftgate button...

Hopefully there's an adjust to control the maximum height

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

The seats, I guess I'll give you that, not being power fold... But EVERYTHING else is what I'd be more worried about 😉
We're

You're really worried about everything else on the truck failing?

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

My wife is currently doing more box jumps so she'll have enough vertical to reach that liftgate button...

Hopefully there's an adjust to control the maximum height
or you know... use the key fob, or app, or touchscreen controls all of which have no height requirement... ;)

I am pretty confident it'll have a max opening setting, if not right this moment, via OTA.
Sponsored