Sponsored

Ammskore

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Ford F-150
no one outside of Rivian has a truck yet, its so obvious. their marketing team is great...
Was at the First Mile Event yesterday and asked if we could tour the customer delivery facility. The guide said no, they are doing deliveries today and were keeping it private for them. I asked if the recipients were employees or non employee customers, and they said non employee customers.
Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Android also keeps mentioning the Amazon order without all of the context of delivery timing for that order. 10k vans have to be delivered by the end of 2022. 100k by the end of 2030--see below. The van production gets a lot of attention, but Rivian's plans have them building a LOT more Rx vehicles than vans over the next year and over the long haul.

NOTE: There's actually a bit of a discrepancy here in that most reports about the deal say 2030, but Bezos has commented on having 100k electric vans on the road by the end of 2024 without specifically saying Rivian vans. Maybe they expect to purchase electric vans from others as well?
I saw press that for Amazon Europe they are using a different ev Van, which makes sense as Rivian can't get em to europe

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
I have to admit that I didn't watch all the reviews, so these three questions could have been answered:

1.) What is the cost of Membership and what all is included with the Trial Membership, that will be removed if you don't continue to subscribe......beside off-road assistance, battery charge, etc.

2.) This one may not matter any longer, as I've received instructions on how to make Adaptive Cruise Control possibly work the way I want...... Normal Cruise Control.

3.) Does Rivian have a "Speed Limit Sign Recognition" feature? If not, are there plans to add it to the Driver +, in the future? Will it be added as a standard feature, or only if you have a Membership?
I'm also curious about regular cruise control. I've had multiple vehicles in the past with adaptive, and while they worked well, I do NOT like them. I find it very easy to fall into a false sense of security and not pay as much attention. Much the same with navigation. Having had OEM integration for 20 years, I quickly became too dependent on it, and would find myself at a job site or someone's house and not have a clue where I actually was, or how to get out of there. Since then, I'll use the map on navigation as a reference occasionally, but I just look up the map online ahead of time to know where I'm going. I'm a better driver than any of the current systems, so I'd rather not get lulled into a techno-trance.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Welcome to Oct. I remember seeing a couple of members with Oct dates, so this month will be extra exciting.
Sept was very exciting too with EPA numbers, test drives, press event, manuals and "first customer deliveries".
And on and on.

just sell the trucks. Sell sell sell

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Your post… does not have allll of the hallmarks of a relaxed attitude ;)

Also, people want to know if deliveries have started in earnest, to non-employees. Did they deliver a half dozen and hit pause, or are deliveries ongoing even at a slow pace?

And I’m damn sick of the “not everyone’s on the forums” point. We all know that. But it’s hard to imagine that more than 10-20 members of the general public got production R1Ts without us finding out. We’ve known about almost everything so far. It’s a bad sign that we have no confirmation yet, particularly when our members with early guide contacts still have no firm schedules for their deliveries.
In my relaxed clam voice - So if you're tired of it, act like it! So what does everyone want, camera and news crews at every new order delivery! We sounds like a bunch of children complaining that we didn't get the GI Joe with the Kung Foo Grip, or the Sunshine Barbie Playhouse, instead we got a puzzle. JUST RELAX!!! NAMASTE!!!

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
In my relaxed clam voice - So if you're tired of it, act like it! So what does everyone want, camera and news crews at every new order delivery! We sounds like a bunch of children complaining that we didn't get the GI Joe with the Kung Foo Grip, or the Sunshine Barbie Playhouse, instead we got a puzzle. JUST RELAX!!! NAMASTE!!!
Yum, relaxed clams.