Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Android also keeps mentioning the Amazon order without all of the context of delivery timing for that order. 10k vans have to be delivered by the end of 2022. 100k by the end of 2030--see below. The van production gets a lot of attention, but Rivian's plans have them building a LOT more Rx vehicles than vans over the next year and over the long haul.

NOTE: There's actually a bit of a discrepancy here in that most reports about the deal say 2030, but Bezos has commented on having 100k electric vans on the road by the end of 2024 without specifically saying Rivian vans. Maybe they expect to purchase electric vans from others as well?
Sponsored

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
NOTE: There's actually a bit of a discrepancy here in that most reports about the deal say 2030, but Bezos has commented on having 100k electric vans on the road by the end of 2024 without specifically saying Rivian vans. Maybe they expect to purchase electric vans from others as well?
It's not a significant number (1800 according to article). But Amazon also ordered electric vans from Mercedes-Benz for UK and EU: https://cleantechnica.com/2020/08/2...ercedes-electric-delivery-vans-for-eu-and-uk/

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Sponsored

OP
OP
GPowers

GPowers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES350, Corvette Z06, Colorado, Smart
Occupation
I do what I want
Talked to Rivian Customer service today (Sept 30, 2021) and they said the had already delivered R1Ts to real customers. Strange there has been no news coverage or press release of such an event. If they have delivered to a real customer they have missed a huge opportunity to show off the the world.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Talked to Rivian Customer service today (Sept 30, 2021) and they said the had already delivered R1Ts to real customers. Strange there has been no news coverage or press release of such an event. If they have delivered to a real customer they have missed a huge opportunity to show off the the world.
It depends what they mean by real customer. An employee getting the truck and paying for it is a real customer. I'd be more interested in knowing if anyone not-affiliated with Rivian at all has gotten a truck.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Someone on reddit made an interesting point. They had bought an FUV and it took several deliveries before anyone shared it. A lot of people won't want to post about it online. With the Rivian, I could totally see a bunch of people not wanting the attention.

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Someone on reddit made an interesting point. They had bought an FUV and it took several deliveries before anyone shared it. A lot of people won't want to post about it online. With the Rivian, I could totally see a bunch of people not wanting the attention.
Yes, although I'd expect someone to observe a R1T in the wild without manufacturer plates sooner or later. People spotted the semi going to Colorado for the press event, after all! If there are more than 1-2 dozen non-employee deliveries, I would be surprised if we remain unaware for long.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Yes, although I'd expect someone to observe a R1T in the wild without manufacturer plates sooner or later. People spotted the semi going to Colorado for the press event, after all! If there are more than 1-2 dozen non-employee deliveries, I would be surprised if we remain unaware for long.
It doesn't actually need to have a manufacturer plate if it's a saleable vehicle. I live in GM territory and I see a lot of unreleased new vehicles with standard plates on them. "M" plates are only needed when it doesn't have a real VIN.

Sponsored

wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

Are there news cameras everytime someone buys a new vehicle. Folks, not everyone who has purchased a Rivian is on this forum and may not want the media exposure. Ever thought about that???? I dont know if you have noticed, but DAMN NEAR every media outlet that matters wrote reviews about the R1T - WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW!!! MY GOD!!! As Aaron Rodgers would say - RELAX!!!

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
.....WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW!!!....
I have to admit that I didn't watch all the reviews, so these three questions could have been answered:

1.) What is the cost of Membership and what all is included with the Trial Membership, that will be removed if you don't continue to subscribe......beside off-road assistance, battery charge, etc.

2.) This one may not matter any longer, as I've received instructions on how to make Adaptive Cruise Control possibly work the way I want...... Normal Cruise Control.

3.) Does Rivian have a "Speed Limit Sign Recognition" feature? If not, are there plans to add it to the Driver +, in the future? Will it be added as a standard feature, or only if you have a Membership?

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Are there news cameras everytime someone buys a new vehicle. Folks, not everyone who has purchased a Rivian is on this forum and may not want the media exposure. Ever thought about that???? I dont know if you have noticed, but DAMN NEAR every media outlet that matters wrote reviews about the R1T - WHAT ELSE DO WE NEED TO KNOW!!! MY GOD!!! As Aaron Rodgers would say - RELAX!!!
Your post… does not have allll of the hallmarks of a relaxed attitude ;)

Also, people want to know if deliveries have started in earnest, to non-employees. Did they deliver a half dozen and hit pause, or are deliveries ongoing even at a slow pace?

And I’m damn sick of the “not everyone’s on the forums” point. We all know that. But it’s hard to imagine that more than 10-20 members of the general public got production R1Ts without us finding out. We’ve known about almost everything so far. It’s a bad sign that we have no confirmation yet, particularly when our members with early guide contacts still have no firm schedules for their deliveries.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Welcome to Oct. I remember seeing a couple of members with Oct dates, so this month will be extra exciting.
Sept was very exciting too with EPA numbers, test drives, press event, manuals and "first customer deliveries".
Sponsored