Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
F150 Lightening is soon to arrive as in Tesla speak.
Lol. So true.
I would have to wait For the top of the line Lighting. Prob 2023 and over 100,000 for a truck that does less and is inferior in almost everyday to the CT. Looks pretty good though. Not that appealing to me.
Sponsored

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
Lol. So true.
I would have to wait For the top of the line Lighting. Prob 2023 and over 100,000 for a truck that does less and is inferior in almost everyday to the CT. Looks pretty good though. Not that appealing to me.
Does less and is inferior to the CT only a Tesla fan would inflate such statements.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Does less and is inferior to the CT only a Tesla fan would inflate such statements.
Not really. I can read. I am a critic of Tesla too. the Lighting will be a less of a truck in many aspects. But you really already know that.

Billyk24

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford C-Max Energi, Premium Mach-E ordered
Occupation
health care
Not really. I can read. I am a critic of Tesla too. the Lighting will be a less of a truck in many aspects. But you really already know that.
CT will be like the model 35k car that was never built.

Sponsored

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
I encourage any pre Jan 2021 R1T Max reservation holders to cancel, and I’ll report back as soon as I get mine. ;-)
Done! You are welcome, but I think it might only make 1 millisecond of a difference in your delivery date. :CWL:

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
I totally understand the supply chain issues (my brother-in-law is a supply supervisor at a Ford plant - you wouldn't believe the supply issues he deals with ALL THE TIME), plus, drive by a new car lot - they are barren. So I get it - x100.

I also get the QA work the plant is doing as well. They have to get the vehicle right, the first time. We'll all appreciate that later.

I was initially miffed at the first production delay, as I was a very early reservation holder #34xx or #37xx ( it really doesn't matter any more does it) and I was scheduling the end of my lease with the first production time-line. Ha. That's what happens when you make a plan!

Then I find out that my early reservation really doesn't mean squat, that if I wanted the vehicle that I put a reservation on, (not a LE) I'm looking at 2022.

I'm not bent or anything, just a bit disillusioned. I really bought into the marketing hype and wanted a new, made in America company to succeed. But, I'll have more options here soon, and options are good. I'll let them hold my $1k a little longer, Ford has $100 of my money too. Hopefully an electrified Gladiator is in the works - that would check all my boxes.

Joewillie

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, BMW R1200RT
Occupation
Firefighter
This might be the push I needed to trade in my Tesla Model 3 for a ICE mid size truck. Been looking at few but reluctant to go back to gas, especially seeing the price of gas lately. Since my old wagon died earlier this year, I need a truck/suv soon. I’ll still keep my R1T reservation (not an early one anyway) and see where things are when the time finally comes. The hard part now is where to find a truck that is not over priced and actually on a dealer lot this summer.
Check out a Wrangler 4xe. My Wrangler Unlimited was great for hauling tools and equipment with the seat folded down, it was surprising actually. I've heard good reviews about their 4xe system too, and it has been used for at least a few years in their minivan. Just a thought.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Does the fact they spent so many resources on the silly camp kitchen bother anyone else? Especially with this "news"? Like utilize those resources better ffs. Spending countless hours and energy and money on producing an completely unnecessary bi-product when they can't even deliver the main product is laughable.
We know more about the damn camp kitchen than the car itself! The best and most detailed Rivian has EVER released was about the camp kitchen!

The camp kitchen could have easily been an after-market product or even delayed altogether.
Focus on delivering the main product first. Not only is the camp kitchen not an important component of the vehicle, but it is an optional add on and doens't impact but a select few customers. Again, it is an ADD ON. Rivian could easily ship these out after the actual vehicle is complete and delivered.
I had all of these frustrations originally when I saw the camp kitchen video and how Rivian was highlighting it...but now after this latest email, I am livid. Build and deliver the vehicle first. Then you can focus on string lights for an over priced coffee grinder second.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Does the fact they spent so many resources on the silly camp kitchen bother anyone else? Especially with this "news"? Like utilize those resources better ffs. Spending countless hours and energy and money on producing an completely unnecessary bi-product when they can't even deliver the main product is laughable.
We know more about the damn camp kitchen than the car itself! The best and most detailed Rivian has EVER released was about the camp kitchen!

The camp kitchen could have easily been an after-market product or even delayed altogether.
Focus on delivering the main product first. Not only is the camp kitchen not an important component of the vehicle, but it is an optional add on and doens't impact but a select few customers. Again, it is an ADD ON. Rivian could easily ship these out after the actual vehicle is complete and delivered.
I had all of these frustrations originally when I saw the camp kitchen video and how Rivian was highlighting it...but now after this latest email, I am livid. Build and deliver the vehicle first. Then you can focus on string lights for an over priced coffee grinder second.
Stop and take a deep, calming breath. Then rest assured that if the camp kitchen were the bottleneck, Rivian absolutely would have cancelled or delayed its offering to get the R1T out the door and revenue coming in. From a media perspective, they shared camp kitchen details because it's something they could share. Sure, there are plenty of other details we would rather know instead but, for whatever reasons, Rivian isn't ready to share just yet.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

Would it bother you that the gardener came and cut your grass when you are waiting for the plumber to come and unclog your drain?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've heard good reviews about their 4xe system too, and it has been used for at least a few years in their minivan. Just a thought.
I'm pretty sure Jeep made an entirely new drivetrain for the 4xe. Technically it looks pretty neat and should allow for some decent offroad control. There's probably some sharing of actual battery components, but getting power to the wheels is pretty unique in the 4xe.

GHuff

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Clubs

Would it bother you that the gardener came and cut your grass when you are waiting for the plumber to come and unclog your drain?
Great analogy! When I'm paying for a GC to remodel or build me a house and he chooses to mow my lawn instead of fixing the plumbing, yes it would frustrate me. Especially if he promised that I could move in months ago, yet I can't because I don't have working plumbing...AND then he goes on and on about how nice the lawn is...but it doesn't matter because I can't move in. But if he focused on the plumbing, at least I could move in, and he could get to the lawn later. The lawn (camp kitchen) doesn't directly impact the timing of when I can move in or even directly impact the house itself (R1T). The lawn might make the house look better and might be needed or wanted overall, but it isn't a critical path for delivery.
There is a reason landscaping is the very last thing someone completes when building a house.

I would fire any GC that delayed my move in date and then mowed my lawn and went into more detail about the lawn (because that is the only thing he was able to do on time) than the plumbing, electric, foundation, etc.. And then told me more details about the foundation and plumbing would come, but meanwhile take a look at how nice the lawn looks!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Great analogy! When I'm paying for a GC to remodel or build me a house and he chooses to mow my lawn instead of fixing the plumbing, yes it would frustrate me. Especially if he promised that I could move in months ago, yet I can't because I don't have working plumbing...AND then he goes on and on about how nice the lawn is...but it doesn't matter because I can't move in. But if he focused on the plumbing, at least I could move in, and he could get to the lawn later. The lawn (camp kitchen) doesn't directly impact the timing of when I can move in or even directly impact the house itself (R1T). The lawn might make the house look better and might be needed or wanted overall, but it isn't a critical path for delivery.
There is a reason landscaping is the very last thing someone completes when building a house.

I would fire any GC that delayed my move in date and then mowed my lawn and went into more detail about the lawn (because that is the only thing he was able to do on time) than the plumbing, electric, foundation, etc.. And then told me more details about the foundation and plumbing would come, but meanwhile take a look at how nice the lawn looks!
You can fire Rivian, just click the cancel button, problem solved.

I am just really surprised at how worked up everyone is getting over these delays. There are so many real issues in the world these days that delays on getting a vehicle seems so low on the list of things to get worked up over.
Sponsored