Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
What I imagine PeeShooter looks like in real life..

Rivian R1T R1S RJ Scaringe: first Rivian R1T deliveries delayed from July 2021 until September 1626470927718
Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
I forgot, whose guide anticipated this? Maybe you guys with a guide can keep pushing for new info.

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Just reverted back to original date, I don't think the truck changed at all, simply the SUV page.
Maybe they’ve switched to using a random number generator instead of hard coded dates. ?

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I forgot, whose guide anticipated this? Maybe you guys with a guide can keep pushing for new info.
My gut says that guide may be getting the ax!

Sponsored

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I only skimmed the 5 pages so I might have missed it, but I don't see that anyone has actually cancelled their reservation and had their deposit refunded based on this news. Until I actually see a decent number of people doing so, I'll chalk all this up to the usual casual moaning rather than a world-ending cataclysm.
Several folks across various threads have indicated they are cancelling. Not a mass exodus by any means, but it is starting to push some people to that point.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Hey, if other people wanna bail, that’s fine by me! Especially if they’re ahead of me in line

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
This of course is disheartening news. Nothing more to say about it. Sad to hear that there's yet another delay, but hey... at least we kinda made it through covid and the pandemic right? If that at all matters (IDK)?

I can say that the changes in the release order (MSRP price, and reservation date) pushed my order way back early on, so I'm kinda in the acceptance stage of the grief cycle.

I honestly had the feeling Amazon and the delivery vehicle's were gonna have this kind of effect. After all if your company builds electric adventure vehicles to the tune of 50-60k preorders (give or take), but your large financial backer has an order for 100k delivery vans, I kinda feel your priorities and attention might just shift a bit.

More of me believes we are what we do, rather than what we aspire to be. As for Rivian, they make electric adventure vehicles AND Amazon Delivery Vans.

We'll see which one wins out in the end, but I'm still hopeful it'll be super cool and rugged EV's.

Proud Rivian R1T owner February/March 2022 (Preorder November 2018)... Maybe I'm being optimistic, but tomorrow the sun will rise again and we'll know more.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
Exactly. The fact that we STILL don't know squat about the infotainment system is proof (in my eyes) that Rivian wouldn't be ready, even without chip shortages or factory problems.

You still can't post a video of someone interacting with the infotainment system and demoing the features? REALLY??
Hmm...is going through all 5 pages of this thread really worth my time? ?

Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Hmm...is going through all 5 pages of this thread really worth my time?
Probably not, but you don't have to read all of the posts carefully.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Hmm...is going through all 5 pages of this thread really worth my time? ?
Not really, let me sum it up for you.....

Some of the responses...
Rivian R1T R1S RJ Scaringe: first Rivian R1T deliveries delayed from July 2021 until September giphy

The rest of them....
Rivian R1T R1S RJ Scaringe: first Rivian R1T deliveries delayed from July 2021 until September okay-i-see
Sponsored