Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

As a Hummer reservation holder I am feeling pretty good. Especially when there are recent photos of Hummers moving down the line at Factory Zero.
I just wish the Hummer SUV had 7 seats :(
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I just wish the Hummer SUV had 7 seats :(

This, Im still on board as really no other options :p. Im fine with waiting until Mid 2022 even as I think it will be more realistic for my May 2019 order date.

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

Just to echo what others have said, I have friends who now like to kid me on when my electric truck is coming. I honestly don't know what to tell them. SOON?! I have always exuded enthusiasm about the brand, and I'm still excited. However, for the uninitiated it may be difficult to tell the difference between companies like Lordstown and Rivian. They are hemorrhaging potential customers with continued delays, crap comms, and no good news.

I agree with other posters that this would be more manageable if RJ would deliver some good news with the bad so I can choose to focus on that (sandwich technique anyone?).

Anywho, I'm in it for the long haul, but not sure how many others will be?

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
I've been saying they weren't ready since June. It seemed obvious to me.
If Rivian is truly close to releasing trucks, that's one thing, even with the September change.
However, I am not convinced they are as close as RJ's recent letter is implying.

If my assumption proves to be correct, then at some point they had to know and decided to keep a lid on it best they could. Perhaps they hoped they'd make better time to production before too much PR damage. WIll they keep changing release months to buy themselves more time? Did a possible impact to a IPO come into play? Perhaps, maybe not.

I am sure they have been affected by all that RJ mentioned, as most automakers have. This will push them back. However, at the very least, you know they could see the frustration brewing. To not address these concerns until now (and the timing is terrible) does not give me confidence on Rivian.

At this point seeing is believing.

What happens if/when they delay September release? At some point some folks will feel like they are being strung along. Regardless of what any other EV company does, Rivian will be judged on their own merits.

Obviously I want the truck and wait I will, unless they keep the prior level of communication that we've become accustomed to.

For me, their missteps in communication needs to be fixed ASAP, or it is just going to alienate a portion of their reservation holders and burden them with a negative image right out the gate.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

This, Im still on board as really no other options :p. Im fine with waiting until Mid 2022 even as I think it will be more realistic for my May 2019 order date.
I mean there aren't really any other 7 seater options that will be available for electric in the next 2-3 years? Right? It seems the R1S is the only option for some time that has a reasonable space for occupants.
I feel the frustration, but I am still very excited for when I can drive out there and test drive an R1S to determine if it will satisfy our families needs!

Sponsored

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Just noticed that myself! Interesting to see that actually got better...

Just reverted back to original date, I don't think the truck changed at all, simply the SUV page.

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Today was an affirmation of what many of us have been feeling, that Rivian has been stringing us along now for some time. This is why I emailed and spoke with CS just this week to be told emphatically that deliveries of LE would begin in July. As a Dec. 12, 2018 reservation holder, I'm still here, still hoping for Rivian's success, but disheartened with the poor communications and I feel that rest with RJ. As the founder, he owns this. On a positive note, I have an early reservation for the R1T (Max pack, which was the original Large pack), super early on CyberTruck Tri-Motor, and very early F-150 Lightning. I'm doubtful on the Lightning but may end up buying all 3 of these if the market looks right, and keeping the one we like the best. With all the delays with Rivian, the opportunity of choosing all with similar timing is becoming more and more of a reality. Rivian has blown their one-year lead time over Tesla as the Austin plant is progressing nicely. As many builders have proven, often you can tear down an old house and build a new house faster than you can to refurbish an existing one. Tesla is proving this with both the Austin and Berlin plants. I'm looking forward to test driving an R1T this fall and seeing Sandy Munro do a head-to-head tear down of both of these.

Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
This is what I did a couple of weeks ago (except I got the Defender instead of a truck). The Model3 was great at showing me the EV world is for me, but it didn't fit my lifestyle and I wasn't going through another winter with it.
Could you explain why? I live in WI and have not experienced an EV yet.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
This is what I did a couple of months ago, specifically because it will hold value. From what my dealer told me you may have a hard time finding a 4WD on a lot today, but hopefully that was just sales BS.
Friend of mine just ordered a 4 runner. It’s a couple months wait. Not a fun time to be a buyer of anything

njcoach24

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln MKC
With the extra time they have now and since they haven’t built any, they should really fix/modernize the cup holders. And give all us LE holders the 2K off road upgrade on the house since a lot of things that were supposed to be coming with this truck at this price point have been eliminated.
Sponsored