SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

That mostly went over my head, but if RJ is excited, I'm excited!

This is my excited font.

Longreach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata
Here’s a thought…

Rivian could get a cost reduction on existing reservation deals by offering the 2 motor implementation instead of 4, along with a small price reduction, ie split the difference on cost savings.

Both Rivian and the customer get a monetary benefit, and it would be of interest to customers wanting the increased range.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

I like her....RJ wants a technological discussion, she says, " a lot of torque and power"

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

900A is like 480 hp on 400V. Sure would be exciting to have four of those in a single vehicle.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Is this for the Dual Motor R1?
Silva said it can produce 600+ horsepower. Are we going to see an R1 with more HP than we have now?
All in all, pretty cool.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
This is great news. Making their own motors (successfully)is Rivian’s best chance at long term survival.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Silva is the best! She's been with them for a long time.
I loved her in one of the previous Rivian movies where she told RJ she thought the headlights were "Ugly" and RJ told her, that's okay, they'll grow on you.

Loved her blunt sass

Ash

First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T & 19' GX460
Occupation
Real Estate
That sort of looks like it could be a single motor to drive front and rear differentials. It wouldn't make sense for that to be one of the "dual motors." The R1's don't need 1200 hp (cept for mine ;)). It will be interesting to see what's coming with this. Silvia is awesome.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
That sort of looks like it could be a single motor to drive front and rear differentials. It wouldn't make sense for that to be one of the "dual motors." The R1's don't need 1200 hp (cept for mine ;)). It will be interesting to see what's coming with this. Silvia is awesome.
The 600+ hp that Silva referenced in the clip was stated to be for a dual motor configuration so this is in line with the advertised dual motor specs. Keep in mind the drive unit they are showing here is the electric motor, inverter, differential, reduction gears, etc. To get to the rumored 1200 hp R1X config that Motor Trend keeps speculating about would require 4 of these new in-house motors but not 4 of the drive unit pictured here.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here’s a thought…

Rivian could get a cost reduction on existing reservation deals by offering the 2 motor implementation instead of 4, along with a small price reduction, ie split the difference on cost savings.

Both Rivian and the customer get a monetary benefit, and it would be of interest to customers wanting the increased range.
Agreed. Tbh, I just want the dual motor version for our r1s reservation as a zero cost option. Rivian can take the win, and we would get our preferred motor configuration (assuming it pans out as expected).

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Agreed. Tbh, I just want the dual motor version for our r1s reservation as a zero cost option. Rivian can take the win, and we would get our preferred motor configuration (assuming it pans out as expected).
Depending on how the tax credit shakes out after the House has its say, I would really appreciate them getting a dual-motor R1S with mid-tier paint, Forest Edge and 20” wheels under the $80k cap and delivering it to me in the first half of 2023.
Sponsored