Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Where was team Yellow? seriously though seems like 3 most popular colors are really standing out for the first launch editions.
Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I suspect another (hopefully minor) delay in meeting the delivery windows. I’m trying to adjust my expectations to a May/June timeframe but would love to be pleasantly wrong. I understand the pessimism given the multiple delays and shoddy communication with those delays, but I’m trying to remain optimistic. It’s still really cool to see 70 or so R1t’s ready for delivery. Of course I wish it was 7000, but hopefully by the spring the line is operating at nearly full capacity. I gotta think rivian knows that significant delays will cost them thousands of customers since competing EV’s are entering the market.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Not a fanboy, it also means nothing to me if somebody calls me one. I give a business credit where it's due, and I'll call them out when it's due. I choose to give Rivian credit for the difficult journey they are still on, and leeway since they are still working in startup/ramp up mode and will be for 3 to 6 more months. If they haven't ramped up and improved delivery communications 6 months from now I'll be calling them out. I've done engineering work and production support on many startups of new production lines, I know how it goes. And I get it that many people don't understand what it means to be in startup mode, and that they don't really care. They just "want it NOW". It doesn't happen overnight and it RARELY meets sales, marketing or customers expectations, even when right on the planned schedule.
I could care less that they are a startup. I wouldn't care if it was a well known company. Hell, Ford has been around for a long time and I just went through the same crap with missing deadlines with my bronco. It honestly means jack to me. It's not about people wanting their rivian "now". It's about missing deadlines that makes people disappointed. Maybe startups need to be more realistic. They grab peoples attention quickly and then miss their marks. Guess we will see how this year goes

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

So it seems the "rarity" of Launch Green will take about 10 years to be a thing....

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

Where was team Yellow? seriously though seems like 3 most popular colors are really standing out for the first launch editions.
Factory may only be able to support so many colors at a time. Next month, parking lot could be yellow, silver, forest green. Maybe eventually red, or even limestone.

Sponsored

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Love to see the vehicles getting produced.

Maybe its just me, but between the photos of Rivians getting transported and this, I'd like to see a little more attention paid to protecting vehicles before they get into owners driveways.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Love to see the vehicles getting produced.

Maybe its just me, but between the photos of Rivians getting transported and this, I'd like to see a little more attention paid to protecting vehicles before they get into owners driveways.
I'm with you...at first I thought its mainly to save on plastic film waste....but then i thought why can't they have some sort of reusable car cover to fit over each one while being transported? Something...

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I could care less that they are a startup.
You should care, because this is a hurdle that Rivian has to face in order to move past it. Expecting otherwise at this point in time is sheer ludicrous.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
You should care, because this is a hurdle that Rivian has to face in order to move past it. Expecting otherwise at this point in time is sheer ludicrous.
I don't care. Get back to me when they don't have large backers like amazon and ford then I will expect less

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
I don't care. Get back to me when they don't have large backers like amazon and ford then I will expect less
Your lack of caring will not change the situation. You could have all the money in the world, but still lack the experience to execute it. Stop being so unrealistic. Were this Ford, or had Rivian been around for a year (thus have gained the experience) and still was doing this, your point would have merit. It doesn't have that time (or the experience) under its belt. Your lack of caring is moot.

Sponsored

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Your lack of caring will not change the situation. Stop being so unrealistic. Were this Ford, or had Rivian been around for a year and still was doing this, your point would have merit. It doesn't have that time under its belt. Your point is moot.
Oh I know it won't change anything, but that's the best part of a forum Is that people can state their opinions and this is mine. If you don't like it, well I am guessing you know what I will say in that regard. Either way I am hoping they hit some milestones this year

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Oh I know it won't change anything, but that's the best part of a forum Is that people can state their opinions and this is mine. If you don't like it, well I am guessing you know what I will say in that regard. Either way I am hoping they hit some milestones this year

Having that opinion doesn't grant you merit. There is having an opinion, and then there is having a realistic opinion with merit. Take a wild guess which yours falls under?

I do agree with you that I too hope in a year's time they do break that milestone. To expect that now, 4 months in, is just absurd.

IPTV65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep JLU Sahara,Jeep JKU, Infiniti G37X, R1S
Occupation
Engineering Exec
Clubs

Wonder why he is not driving his R1S that he took delivery of?
Nice to see them, starting to "line 'em up!"

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Wonder why he is not driving his R1S that he took delivery of?
Nice to see them, starting to "line 'em up!"
That's probably back in California.

GPowers

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus ES350, Corvette Z06, Colorado, Smart
Occupation
I do what I want
Great to see R1T being delivered. Love the way RJ gets his kids involved. He is proud of his accomplishment and is showing it to his family that’s great. Not to many CEOs would share such personal experience.
Sponsored