Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Maybe I’m naive, but it seems to me that the 800 LB gorilla in the Rivian room is the production ramp.
I just wanted to contribute to the discussion by pointing out that 800 lb. gorilla is quite a gorilla. Not quite King Kong, but maybe Prince Kong? ;)
Sponsored

Grabs10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo T8 and f350
Hopefully that is 1 days production worth at this point and they same amount coming out the doors tomorrow

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Hopefully that is 1 days production worth at this point and they same amount coming out the doors tomorrow
Unfortunately I expect they are making around 100-150 a week since December was around 400 for the month. So what is shown equals several days worth. But we will know more at the Q4 analyst meeting in the near future

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Happy to see some progress but definitely need to ramp sharply to make delivery windows.. Production hell is real.

cmtaylor963

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E, R1T
Occupation
Engineer
No Ocean Coast???

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yep agree. There's no way to know what production level this represents. For all anyone here knows, this could have been vehicles waiting to be shipped from a week of producing 500 vehicles.

One comment was "Hoping to see another order of magnitude more vehicles on the next video like this". ?

That's exactly what we DON'T want to see! We want to see them shipping as quickly as they are produced. Seeing lots of vehicles in a video of the parking lot does nobody any good - Rivian, investors or customers.
It is Sunday…?‍♂ And a holiday for most tomorrow.

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
YES! Seriously! I love how this is the first tease of customer delivery build progress and everyone is like "Oh my color isn't in there" or "There's not enough progress" - so much negativity man.
Constant delivery date delays and only a handful of non employee deliveries will do that. Rivian needs to prove they can meet the demand, and so far they haven't.

cmiller

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco
Occupation
Nurse
Feel like this video is just a PR stunt. I want rivian to be successful, but I will need more than a short video as proof they are moving forward

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
YES! Seriously! I love how this is the first tease of customer delivery build progress and everyone is like "Oh my color isn't in there" or "There's not enough progress" - so much negativity man.
You must be new here……

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
One thing to keep in mind, we’re only 16 days into the new year, and there was likely some downtime for the holidays. Expect to hear of more real customer deliveries in the next 90 days. It’s not just on here, but across Rivian forums Jan-March delivery windows folks keep asking where their trucks are. How ‘bout we give them the actual window to see if they meet deliveries. Heck, when they gave us windows in December, they had to have a pretty good idea what they would have to deliver in Jan/Feb.

Also, as much as we want daily updates, they are focused on ramp up and deliveries. Actual deliveries will speak louder than email updates.

I know it’s tough, but give them 2-3 months. If things still seem stagnant then we can complain, but if they are meeting deadlines, it means they know what they’re doing. Unlike previous missed deadlines, they’re actually producing production vehicles now.

Last edited:

r1t_kev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Crosstrek
You must be new here……
True, and only recently put my money where my mouth is, but I’ve been following along for a while. I can see why it would be easy to just slip into the same “woe are we” refrain. Point me to the last video where there was this many R1Ts in one place though.

I’ll wait.

I know it’s cool to be pessimistic, but it’s ok to be a little excited. Really.

Jehorton

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Firefighter/Paramedic
True, and only recently put my money where my mouth is, but I’ve been following along for a while. I can see why it would be easy to just slip into the same “woe are we” refrain. Point me to the last video where there was this many R1Ts in one place though.

I’ll wait.

I know it’s cool to be pessimistic, but it’s ok to be a little excited. Really.
Nothing wrong with optimism. But for a company to promote a color that has yet to be seen is disappointing. I and many others have heard great things about a color that is yet to be produced. Where is it? Nothing to do with optimism or pessimism. Just Reality.
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy