TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
That was my first thought. Stock price must be getting his attention
The stock price doesn't matter to him...until the day he sells shares.
It is back to the IPO price, so I am sure he is perfectly fine with that. It was a higher price than they originally thought they could get.
Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
The stock price doesn't matter to him...until the day he sells shares.
It is back to the IPO price, so I am sure he is perfectly fine with that. It was a higher price than they originally thought they could get.
The stock price my not matter to RJ personally but it matters a great deal to Rivian. Their ability to recruit and maintain top flight talent "especially in California", their cost and ability to raise future capital for expansion, and stature as a top tier manufacture all are influenced by the stock price.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

So it seems the "rarity" of Launch Green will take about 10 years to be a thing....
If this video does anything for me, it makes me unsure about actually getting Launch Green for that reason. Maybe I'll join Team Yellow.

rivianfan1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
The stock price my not matter to RJ personally but it matters a great deal to Rivian. Their ability to recruit and maintain top flight talent "especially in California", their cost and ability to raise future capital for expansion, and stature as a top tier manufacture all are influenced by the stock price.
This is certainly true, RSUs are significant position of employee compensation. Lower the stock price, lower their compensation. This will significantly impact employees who were hired post IPO.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

If this video does anything for me, it makes me unsure about actually getting Launch Green for that reason. Maybe I'll join Team Yellow.
Red and Yellow are very under selected for the LE vehicles. Black is up there as well. With some WAG numbers:
10k LEs, 25% of which are Launch Green
2500 LG Rivians.

CY is around 2% from the survey results (% would most likely increase for non-LE holders, since many of us would go CY if LG wasn't available).

Current order reservations were in the 70+K, within a year, probably will hit 100k. So by the end of 2023 you're probably looking at the same number of LG as CY, if not slightly more CY. Then the gap only grows from that point on.

That being said, CY + FE looks amazing.

Sponsored

lambo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Kia Niro EV
Occupation
Software
Does anyone know if any of these trucks been delivered to customers yet?

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Does anyone know if any of these trucks been delivered to customers yet?
A minute amount have been. Very few of them have come forth revealing they have. I don't blame the others that haven't. I like keeping my life private and would hate anyone hounding me all due to the vehicle I drive (be it for good or bad reasons).

Otisbrick

First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 2015 Ford F-150 XLT 4x4 Sport
Occupation
Physician
I have to say. I was excited to see real trucks that are going out to real customers. I think this bodes well for March and

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I like your optimism! March/April can't get here soon enough.
Sponsored