Public Relations
Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Poor robots, getting dusty....

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
It's hard work being a robot...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Man that’s a clean plant

Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Yeah, usually you don't get to find out who is top and who is bottom!
Just don't go trying to claim prima nocta or they'll ban you from the factory.

Ask me how I know.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Ask me how I know.
But how does that even work if there's no tailpipe?!

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Of all the things I’ve learned on the forum, ”prima nocta” has to be the least expected / most unusual.

Rivian R1T R1S RJ posts video of R1 body top hat marriage! 1658343611795

Edit: unfortunate typo could take this in a bad direction

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

all i can think when i watch this is Skynet is not far off 🤖

shamoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 GT3, Tesla Model S LR
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think people need to look at this and think about how hard it is to get to that point from nothing.

Think about yourself sitting in your room, "hey I want to make an EV car company that will compete with Tesla and other big brands" and then a few years later, get to this.

There are going to be hiccups and delays, and as an early adopter, this is what you get. Rivian wasn't making cars for the last 150 years like Ford.

Even getting a building set up takes months to years.
- Construction, permits, vendor management
- Multiple network connections which have to be managed by experienced engineers
- Tooling and retooling of every bit of machinery, and if it wasn't built in-house, managing the vendors who do that work.

I work in the auto industry, but specifically cybersecurity and even just that requires SOOOOOO much work. So much solid foundation has to be put in place before you can even think about physically manufacturing a car.

I've also worked for an organization which did software/hardware testing for Volvo, CarPlay and other things. There are so many things that need to function perfectly for just one vehicle to come off the assembly line in working order.

Then of course you have the after-sale piece with support, maintenance, and everything that comes with it.

Anyway...just a random rant. Hope people can appreciate what Rivian's done and how far along they've come.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think people need to look at this and think about how hard it is to get to that point from nothing.

Think about yourself sitting in your room, "hey I want to make an EV car company that will compete with Tesla and other big brands" and then a few years later, get to this.

There are going to be hiccups and delays, and as an early adopter, this is what you get. Rivian wasn't making cars for the last 150 years like Ford.

- Multiple network connections which have to be managed by experienced engineers
- Tooling and retooling of every bit of machinery, and if it wasn't built in-house, managing the vendors who do that work.

I work in the auto industry, but specifically cybersecurity and even just that requires SOOOOOO much work. So much solid foundation has to be put in place before you can even think about physically manufacturing a car.

I've also worked for an organization which did software/hardware testing for Volvo, CarPlay and other things. There are so many things that need to function perfectly for just one vehicle to come off the assembly line in working order.

Then of course you have the after-sale piece with support, maintenance, and everything that comes with it.

Anyway...just a random rant. Hope people can appreciate what Rivian's done and how far along they've come.
All true but I am not sure how to read it:

1 - Rivian did a very difficult thing many other fail at so there is a good chance they will be around for a while.

or

2 - Car making is so difficult there is a good chance Rivian won’t be around to support a few years down the road.

No argument on difficulty. Way beyond my capability or interest to pull it off but I am not sure how much this is like stone carving in terms of experience. If you can raise more money, you can just use the funds to buy the experience you need.

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

So true. I own a business with 35 employees and even after 14 years I still feel like I’m nothing more than a handyman/ attendance monitor. They are cranking out electric trucks with robots. This $hit is hard.
Sponsored