First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I was sitting at Chuy's waiting for my buddy for lunch when this popped up in my twitter feed.... needless to say I was super excited to see it so posted it here just before my buddy showed up.... It was all I could do to stay off my phone during lunch lol.... So happy to finally see some interior anything on the R1S.....
Sponsored

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
I was sitting at Chuy's waiting for my buddy for lunch when this popped up in my twitter feed.... needless to say I was super excited to see it so posted it here just before my buddy showed up.... It was all I could do to stay off my phone during lunch lol.... So happy to finally see some interior anything on the R1S.....
Chuy's on Barton is fantastic! (Or any location) #jalapenoranch

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
This is about as flat as I have seen in any car. Looks great. good to see how many cars they are getting ready to send out for testing. The screen up front looks big too...

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Definitely flat enough - this still shows the very slight angle of incline, which I agree is actually a plus for lying down on:
Rivian R1T R1S RJ posts interior video of R1S w/ seats folded flat 1615405871193

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Definitely flat enough - this still shows the very slight angle of incline, which I agree is actually a plus for lying down on:
Especially for those prone to snoring. ?

Sponsored

EyeOnRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach-E 4X, Mitsubishi Endeavor. Pre-order: R1S LE
The second row does appear to fold down 40/20/40. The middle seat is not necessarily an independent piece though, and likely shares a seat cushion with the driver's side seat.
A 2nd row split of 40/20/40 makes more sense IMO especially if the middle section can independently fold down. Helps with carrying long items without a roof rack system (e.g. skis and poles) while allowing the two rear passengers to sit further a part for comfort and that virus thing. Plus, most people don't like sitting on the middle seat as they are usually less comfortable.

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I was also happy to note the possibility of 40/20/20 2nd row. Still speculating that they will let us remove the 2nd row middle after purchase.

Here is my latest conversation w CS a few days ago after I asked for update about potential 6 seat configuration and whether they would allow us to DIY remove 2nd row middle:

Rivian: Right now we don't have additional details on aftermarket abilities but closer to deliveries we can help answer how or if it would be possible to remove it aftermarket! I hope it would be possible with some extra automotive knowledge!
Me: That sounds promising!
Rivian: We just haven't shared all the details on how the components come together or fasten, if that makes sense.

johnking

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X3, R1S
I might jump on the 'Red' bandwagon. So refreshing to finally see the interior of the R1S. I need that sunshade !!!!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

The two lighter gray S seem barely camouflaged. Do you think that shade is "Limestone" paint?

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
This must be a fun time for RJ and those that have been with him since essentially the beginning. You can hear the excitement and happiness in his voice. Like a kid when they’ve created something that they’re proud of. It’s all coming together!!

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

The two lighter gray S seem barely camouflaged. Do you think that shade is "Limestone" paint?
There are only two unwrapped vehicles that I see in the video - a red one and a blue one. The rest all have red-, blue-, or black-striped wraps.

OP
OP
bajadahl

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Like a kid when they’ve created something that they’re proud of.
My wife said the same about me when I showed her the video earlier.... "Like a kid in a candy store" I believe was her quote.......

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
My wife said the same about me when I showed her the video earlier.... "Like a kid in a candy store" I believe was her quote.......
Last time my wife said that to me we were at the beach...

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
Last time my wife said that to me we were at the beach...

Too bad you didn't yet have the fold-flat R1S seats to lay on that night. ?

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)