Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I love that garage. So many R1S-es.

I find that R1S in Red color looks nice.
That one on the end looks destined for a Mary Kay rep...

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Now RJ needs a follow up video showing ingress/egress for the 3rd row seats.

Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Seriously. I didn't for a second think about red when I saw it on the configurator. But in person it's so different. Makes me wonder why they are still so reticent to show real world pics of all the colors. Even if they're not "accurate" depending on lighting conditions, they're way better than the renderings.

I agree the red is so much nicer than it reads on the configurator! Can't wait to see all the colors in the wild!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Seats look pretty flat to me!
I think they did a great job - whatever incline they baked it in across all the rows. Like sleeping on a very slight incline (which I am fine with).

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Does look pretty flat. For those wondering about dogs, I see lots of gaps so it will require some sort of pad to make it safe for them to be in the back, especially if the second row is folded. That being said, it is much flatter and usable than I expected from the preproduction images.

Hard to see the actual door pockets in the video but they do appear to not have the netting on them.

Also good to see that many already off the assembly line so they appear to be moving along pretty well.

Thumbs up from me on what I saw....

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I think they did a great job - whatever incline they baked it in across all the rows. Like sleeping on a very slight incline (which I am fine with).
And theoretically possible to have a "Camping Mode" self leveling feature that takes that into account...

Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Hard to see the actual door pockets in the video but they do appear to not have the netting on them.
The rear door pockets definitely have the controversial mesh. The seat back pockets have the panels and buckles like the front door pocket renderings show. We can't see the front door pockets to see which style they use. However, it's important to point out that the renderings only show the front door pockets and not the rear ones. Perhaps the plan all along has been to have panels in the front and mesh in the rear, although that would be an oddly mismatched design.

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Now RJ needs a follow up video showing ingress/egress for the 3rd row seats.
Yes. As the car seat obsessed member here, I was hoping that this was finally going to be the big reveal... Still interesting though... the second row of these pre-production units seems like it could be a 3 piece vs 60/40...

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Yes. As the car seat obsessed member here, I was hoping that this was finally going to be the big reveal... Still interesting though... the second row of these pre-production units seems like it could be a 3 piece vs 60/40...
The second row does appear to fold down 40/20/40. The middle seat is not necessarily an independent piece though, and likely shares a seat cushion with the driver's side seat.
Sponsored