First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
That's one of the reasons it's now on my list! And it just looks good IMO. I'm torn because I normally shy away from dark vehicles due to our heat down here.
Yeah - I think I knew that about you even before you said it in the video. That’s ok my youngest is almost certainly going to be an Aggie because we like their engineering program. And my oldest, who I thought I taught better, is currently going to UT and dating an Aggie.
As far as color - my last two vehicles have been white... Toyota Tacoma, and (golden pearl) LX470. My first new car 94’ 4Runner was a charcoal grey and I loved that color. At this point I’m still all in on the El Capitan.. but I still have to see it in person... and reserve the right to change my mind(several times)
Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Yeah - I think I knew that about you even before you said it in the video. That’s ok my youngest is almost certainly going to be an Aggie because we like their engineering program. And my oldest, who I thought I taught better, is currently going to UT and dating an Aggie.
As far as color - my last two vehicles have been white... Toyota Tacoma, and (golden pearl) LX470. My first new car 94’ 4Runner was a charcoal grey and I loved that color. At this point I’m still all in on the El Capitan.. but I still have to see it in person... and reserve the right to change my mind(several times)
Fantastic engineering programs. My younger brother went to UT because they accepted him into engineering but A&M didn't...then decided the curriculum detracted from his college experience & changed to political science.

I currently have 3 white vehicles, so it would be a big shift for me to go with a different color!

hola29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thoughts on car camping mode with a bit of warm air circulation to stay warm and not get fogged up? Not sure how that would play with battery drain but would be pretty cool...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I hope it has electrical power outlets akin to Ford's new ProPower Onboard setup that is fed from a very modest size hybrid battery. That system can run for upwards of 80-hours. Of course it has benefit of gasoline engine to recharge the battery. So its the general concept that I'm referring to here.

Rivian R1T R1S RJ posts interior video of R1S w/ seats folded flat ProPower onboard.JPG

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
I currently have 3 white vehicles, so it would be a big shift for me to go with a different color!
I used to think white was the most boring color, but ever since I got my Lexus RX 350 in probably the same golden pearl shade as your LX @bajadahl I'm such a huge fan. There's also going to be the added contrast of the black roof, black c-pillars (R1S), yellow calipers, yellow highlights in the badging etc. to break up the monotony and make it look anything but boring.

Sponsored

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might have to get Canyon Red just in case @bajadahl might see me around Austin. To remind him of one daughter's excellent school choice & the other's good taste in men! :CWL:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I hope it has electrical power outlets akin to Ford's new ProPower Onboard setup that is fed from a very modest size hybrid battery. That system can run for upwards of 80-hours. Of course it has benefit of gasoline engine to recharge the battery. So its the general concept that I'm referring to here.
Very cool functionality for sure. I believe it's run from the gas engine/generator directly though, the same one that charges the battery.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thoughts on car camping mode with a bit of warm air circulation to stay warm and not get fogged up? Not sure how that would play with battery drain but would be pretty cool...
AC compressor running while blowing warm air would remove humidity, just like running defrost. Not sure if it could have me inside without fogging though...I've been told many times that I'm full of hot air.

OP
OP
bajadahl

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
I might have to get Canyon Red just in case @bajadahl might see me around Austin. To remind him of one daughter's excellent school choice & the other's good taste in men! :CWL:
LOL - I think I saw you mention Leander in the past.... you'd have to make it south of the river to bump into me... lol - Granted if you're in the Leander/Cedar Park area then you're up in my old stompin' grounds but I went south of the river where the pace is a bit slower back in the early 90s.

Sponsored

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
The configurator states the difference between the 5 and 7 seat version is that the 5 seat version has "more room for cargo." Thus I assume the 5 seat version will have a covered space in the floor where the "deleted" last row seats fold down.

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The configurator states the difference between the 5 and 7 seat version is that the 5 seat version has "more room for cargo." Thus I assume the 5 seat version will have a covered space in the floor where the "deleted" last row seats fold down.
"more room for cargo" could simply be referring to deletion of the 3rd row arm rests which would make the floor wider.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"more room for cargo" could simply be referring to deletion of the 3rd row arm rests which would make the floor wider.
Agreed. That would be some tough to reach cargo space if they turned it into a "tub". However, I doubt they would just waste extra space though...who knows.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Agreed. That would be some tough to reach cargo space if they turned it into a "tub". However, I doubt they would just waste extra space though...who knows.
I think they are referring to the 2.9 inches of extra head room. I posted specs I got from CS in a chat a couple of weeks ago. The Cargo Hight difference between the 5 and 7 seat configurations is 70 mm

• The cargo floor length behind third-row seats is 553 mm.
• The cargo width behind third-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo floor length behind second-row seats is 1353 mm.
• The cargo width behind the second-row seats is 1298 mm.
• The cargo width minimum with 5 passenger seating is 1151 mm.
• The cargo height with 7-passenger seating is 855 mm.

• The cargo height with 5-passenger seating is 925 mm.

• The cargo width minimum and maximum ranges from 1084-1496 mm.
• The cargo volume behind the third-row seats is 499 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the second-row seats with the third row folded is 1323 liters.
• The cargo volume behind the first-row seats with the second and third-row seats folded down is 2499 liters.
Sponsored