Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
I have darker sunglasses now.

Reflective lenses are the real answer here. Looking like an extra in Top Gun is a lot better than the alternative.
Sponsored

State11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Defender D90
Does look pretty flat. For those wondering about dogs, I see lots of gaps so it will require some sort of pad to make it safe for them to be in the back, especially if the second row is folded. That being said, it is much flatter and usable than I expected from the preproduction images.

Hard to see the actual door pockets in the video but they do appear to not have the netting on them.

Also good to see that many already off the assembly line so they appear to be moving along pretty well.

Thumbs up from me on what I saw....
I bought a LR Discovery as a bridge vehicle to the Rivian & comparatively the Rivian is much better than the LR. The Discovery has so many gaps and holes when the seats are down....my dog is rightly paranoid in back. Of course, if he had his way, he'd have all 80 lbs sitting on my lap in the driver's seat.

photontorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Old Reliable
Hooray. R1S seats addressed. Let's applaud Rivian for resolving an open question, and celebrate that some progress is better than none.

And then, in the spirit of continuous improvement, point out that there is a long list of things we still don't know, with an increasingly alarming short time left before launch.

Rivian - if you're reading these forums, a reminder of what we (the interested customer base) still don't know:

https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...till-needed-to-make-an-informed-decision.926/

I'm trying to acknowledge both sides here. It really is great we have an answer to a question. It is also true there are many, rather profound, questions about the purchase, operation, evaluation, and safety of these vehicles that are totally unknown. I, for one, am increasingly concerned with the lack of information this close to launch.

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Noticed a small screen below the vents in center console at 20 sec mark in the video. Like newer Tesla S/X, seems R1S/T will also have 3 screens two in front and one in second row.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Noticed a small screen below the vents in center console at 20 sec mark in the video. Like newer Tesla S/X, seems R1S/T will also have 3 screens two in front and one in second row.
Correct. That has been there since the "concept" vehicles and the original unveiling. Thankfully, it looks like it is sticking around.

Sponsored

Headingley

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 35d
Occupation
Surgeon
Is it safe to assume that the five seat version will have a covered storage well where the third row seats are currently located in the above video.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

Is it safe to assume that the five seat version will have a covered storage well where the third row seats are currently located in the above video.
Could you elaborate further? Are you referring to the floor storage? or a retractable cargo cover?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
While it may be a possibility, it is not safe to assume there will be additional usable storage.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Especially for those prone to snoring. ?
Hmm... I think I'll schedule a sleep study on the off chance I can find a Dr. to prescribe an R1S to remedy my snoring issues!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
There's a lot more interesting details in this video, and there might be a YT video posted earlier today that goes through it.

Won't post the link here because the forum might see it as competitive (podcast/YT owner was banned here). I think that's silly...we're all just Rivian fans that look for info in any source we can get.

Sponsored

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
There's a lot more interesting details in this video, and there might be a YT video posted earlier today that goes through it.

Won't post the link here because the forum might see it as competitive (podcast/YT owner was banned here). I think that's silly...we're all just Rivian fans that look for info in any source we can get.
30 minute assessment of a 40 second video? Ain't nobody got time for that.
Insert popular GIF here

Just kidding, I had time. And agree with you, the Red in the video is kind of a game changer for the R1S. Reminds me of the red that new wagoneer is being displayed in.

Rivian R1T R1S RJ posts interior video of R1S w/ seats folded flat 1615483855830

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s

Can you post it? And boo forum for doing that. That would just make people go to other places.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
And agree with you, the Red in the video is kind of a game changer for the R1S. Reminds me of the red that new wagoneer is being displayed in.
Dark reds can look really sharp in person & I'm definitely intrigued by Canyon Red...can't wait to see more pics.

Video is definitely long...he normally breaks them down into smaller chunks per topic, but he wanted to get that one out. There's a lot of little details in the video that were meaningful to me as an R1S preorder holder.

OP
OP
bajadahl

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Dark reds can look really sharp in person & I'm definitely intrigued by Canyon Red...can't wait to see more pics.

Video is definitely long...he normally breaks them down into smaller chunks per topic, but he wanted to get that one out. There's a lot of little details in the video that were meaningful to me as an R1S preorder holder.
I don’t know @skyote - that’s getting a little too close to Aggie colors for me.... HookEm’. ??

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don’t know @skyote - that’s getting a little too close to Aggie colors for me.... HookEm’. ??
That's one of the reasons it's now on my list! And it just looks good IMO. I'm torn because I normally shy away from dark vehicles due to our heat down here.
Sponsored