First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Pretty impressive. If that video lasted about 2 seconds longer it looked like that rear bumper was going to take a good shot😗

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
Pretty impressive. If that video lasted about 2 seconds longer it looked like that rear bumper was going to take a good shot😗
Does Rivian PR really think we're not going to notice that? Huh?

Sponsored

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

That Midnight R1T in the last photo must be a Max Pack Dual Motor test mule! :CWL:

RBR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S preorder holder; '14 JGC,'20 Subaru Crosstrek

You nailed it. Same comment literally everyone said on the clip. People only cut videos when they are going to be embarrassing, not when successful.

Inkedsphynx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 LE R1T, '21 CB500FA, '21 CMX1100A
Any vehicle would take damage coming down on the rear like that, so I'm not too plussed that they cut that. They should have measured before going over the obstacle 😆

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Any vehicle would take damage coming down on the rear like that, so I'm not too plussed that they cut that. They should have measured before going over the obstacle 😆
Exactly. It’s possible a Wrangler could bridge that without the same result, but that’s about the only vehicle I could think of…. Or maybe if they simply took a different angle at it, but those are tricky.

beckhome09

First Name
Frederick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LA Silver 2022 R1T, Blue 2015 BMW 428i convertible
Occupation
Retired Air Force
I agree and that's probably the reason they shortened it, terrible. Lol

Sponsored

BillArnett

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T; Tesla Model 3 (Cybertruck on order)
Occupation
Retired
Exactly. It’s possible a Wrangler could bridge that without the same result, but that’s about the only vehicle I could think of…. Or maybe if they simply took a different angle at it, but those are tricky.
A Wrangler could do that obstacle with ease. I've done similar ones that are far more difficult (eg Golden Crack in Moab). The R1T is a great vehicle but approach/departure angle is not its forte.

HaveBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S DMP Max, Lifted GX470, APR Audi A7, BMW 325Ci
Clubs

I think this is the same spot on Klondike Bluffs only the picture taken from the other direction. It's not a nearly as deep or hazardous as Golden Crack but will get things really crossed up. The Rivian actually did pretty decent being a stock truck. For comparison my old 4Runner had 11" of articulation in front and 14" in the rear besides being locked front and rear.
Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Performance testing our new Rivian dual motor drive system! [Photos & Videos] 🤩 IMG_1679.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S RJ: Performance testing our new Rivian dual motor drive system! [Photos & Videos] 🤩 IMG_1681.JPG
Sponsored