Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Thanks for sharing. He has that grin most of us would have had in the same situation! Love it! One thing I've never understood is why not have a speedo right in the middle, as shown in the video? Current dash has a lot of wasted space with cats and dogs walking etc. I hope they update that soon.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

One thing I've never understood is why not have a speedo right in the middle, as shown in the video? Current dash has a lot of wasted space with cats and dogs walking etc. I hope they update that soon.
I agree 100%. Certainly Sport Mode should be more driver-focused than ADAS-focused, right?

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

I can't wait to use this at every stoplight as I drive across my town.

Black Muddy Rivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'86 VW Vanagon
Occupation
Entertainment
Clubs

Is this coming to the G1 UI or is it G2 only? Has there been a definitive answer either way?

Sponsored

Oyabro

First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, El Cap, Forest Edge, 20's
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people
Thanks for sharing. He has that grin most of us would have had in the same situation! Love it! One thing I've never understood is why not have a speedo right in the middle, as shown in the video? Current dash has a lot of wasted space with cats and dogs walking etc. I hope they update that soon.
How about HUD? :rock:

Oyabro

First Name
Oury
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 R1S, El Cap, Forest Edge, 20's
Occupation
Fixing technical things for simple people

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I am getting new tires in 2 weeks....I would have loved this prior....
I thought you can do this in Gen 1 via Sport/Lowest/Firm and then the same process: hold brake down, hold right pedal down, release brake. The Gen 1 UI hasn't walked people through the steps (so far) so it's not as easy to initiate if you don't already know the steps.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Is this coming to the G1 UI or is it G2 only? Has there been a definitive answer either way?
No commitment other than that they will "look into it"...
I can't wait to use this at every stoplight as I drive across my town.
You might be waiting quite a while... Unless you have a Gen 2 on order, that is...

Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
I thought you can do this in Gen 1 via Sport/Lowest/Firm and then the same process: hold brake down, hold right pedal down, release brake. The Gen 1 UI hasn't walked people through the steps (so far) so it's not as easy to initiate if you don't already know the steps.
We can...and I did it for first time last week with stability off....it was very impressive.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

It sounds like this launch mode sets the suspension up differently for the takeoff. I try to softly pre-load mine by being light on the brake, bind things up with the accelerator, then brake harder, mash the accelerator, then let off the brake quickly. The binding doesn't always work right, but when it does, it definitely feels like it hits harder.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

We can...and I did it for first time last week with stability off....it was very impressive.
I've historically had a lead foot but (hanging my head in shame :blush:) I still haven't done a full launch yet. Just putting it in sport and flooring it is very satisfying. I'm saving launch mode for the day that I feel jaded about the normal acceleration in Sport.

edit: typo

Last edited:

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
Clubs

No commitment other than that they will "look into it"...

You might be waiting quite a while... Unless you have a Gen 2 on order, that is...
I do not:confused:
Sponsored