Sponsored

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
I think it's very simple. A man with means put down a $1m bet on a stock that he believes is undervalued and provides an attractive risk/reward proposition. Everyone can take from that what they want, but it's not a gimmick, or marketing, or meant to provide price support.
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
To be fair, he owns nearly 25m shares and added 41k or roughly 0.2%— this is immaterial to him, but he’s trying to reassure and positively signal the market…
Being a shareholder, R1T owner with a R1S coming, I'm reassured by his action : )

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I am a bit surprised he has $1M in cash. His salary must have been fairly substantial for awhile. I figure these startup CEOs have nearly their entire net worth in stocks.
Secondary stock sales. Generally, founders of venture-backed companies will sell small chunks of their position along the way as they raise funding once you get past a $250mm or so valuation. I bet he’s taken at least $50mm off the table at this point, that would be VERY normal for a company at this stage

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

I'm a little ahead of the curve and bought the dip months ago.
You and me both. I bought between $32-34 and felt good about that. And long term, still feel good about it. But yeah, would have been nice to buy $10 less than that.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

So far, today's been a good day.

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
IMO, it's a pretty easy stock to go long in and just view every dip as a new discount. No point in sweating unrealized gains/losses before it adds a decimal point in 2-3 years.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

IMO, it's a pretty easy stock to go long in and just view every dip as a new discount. No point in sweating unrealized gains/losses before it adds a decimal point in 2-3 years.
Yep, it's a pretty binary outcome. Either Sandy Munro is right and the new Big 3 American car companies are Tesla, Rivian and Ford, or they go bankrupt. And since we're here buying the trucks, I'm guessing we're all believing it'll be option 1.
Sponsored