Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am surprised by the 3.5 seconds estimated. Since the existing quad motor is more like 3.1/3.2 seconds on sport wheels. The enhanced enduro is closer to the standard enduro than the quad (100hp/100 lb/ft more than standard but over 100hp/200lb ft less than quad). So I would expect a time more like 4 seconds which is still very fast for the class of vehicle.
They are probably way more aggressive on torque ramp. I don't think we've heard definitively that it's strictly a software change but I could be wrong.

Would make sense to have beefier axles but then again, that means additional complexity for assembly.
Sponsored

aw113sgte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1t
I'd love to use a pre price hike reservation on max pack/4 motor but I don't think there is any way that's happening.

wwheelkid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Finance
This has been known for a while. They are making performance R1T to fight the Raptors and TRX etc.
The R1T is close if not better with on road performance...where it may be lacking is Baja mode (or lack thereof) which would require some suspension tuning, I surmise.

daeHelkcunK

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Suburban, 1968 Chevelle, Cayenne S, R1T, R1S
Occupation
Physician
I have a hard time thinking our Rivian will be competing in any Raptor or TRX berm jumping given the 1500 lb weight penalty. It's pretty hard to control that much mass with long suspension travel I could see steel springs maybe working but in the current air system I think the ride might be a tad stiff with max extension.

Sponsored

Sharpobjects4321

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
Occupation
Attorney
What I'm hopeful and what I think they are aiming for is not only better performance, but a more efficient motor on their high end product. gets a better use from their charge. I don't think they feel like the Bosch motor is efficient at all. Go from 320+ in conserve to 350 or so and more efficient at pulling a trailer.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am slow, at times deliberately, so where is a link to the RIv post?
It's during this "Enduro Drive Unit" section of RJ's AMA.
Sponsored