RIVN back to even.....

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
W/ apologies for being a little annoying, the stock > 53 as I type this. 50% run up from two weeks ago when RIVN dropped below 35. I somehow picked that day to add 180 @ 35.2, adds to the 125 shares purchased from the IPO. My average cost ~52.75. (Hopefully I was lucky to pick a good time to buy more and I don't regret it in a couple years. Even at 35, seems risky)

Figured I wanted to post this when I had the chance.. I "think" investors are just reacting to general economic news at this point, nothing notably good or bad from Rivian lately, except for some "real" deliveries continuing and receiving customers seem mostly quite happy.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVN back to even..... 1648579752603
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Today triggered one of my sell offs. Happy to let Rivian stock go as it hits various price points. I am done with story stocks and converting most of them in to stocks form companies with strong financials in preparation for the inflation induced crash coming this year.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm almost even again by adding 150 shares when it dipped to $34 a few weeks back. If/When Rivian hits $59 I have some contemplation to do :whew:

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm still in for the long run. Rollercoaster rides regarding stocks like this one is not surprising during the first 6-12 years.
FIFY

Sponsored

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I'm still in for the long run. Rollercoaster rides regarding stocks like this one is not surprising during the first 6-12 months.
Pay the man! Not saying Rivian = Tesla but if you sold Tesla during the early days when they were bleeding money and Elon was sleeping on the floor of his office, you are likely a very bitter person right now.

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Pay the man! Not saying Rivian = Tesla but if you sold Tesla during the early days when they were bleeding money and Elon was sleeping on the floor of his office, you are likely a very bitter person right now.
I WISHED I had gotten into stocks back then. I would have been
Rivian R1T R1S RIVN back to even..... 1648598831754

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
Not back to even for me... Bought the full amount at IPO and then picked up more at IPO price. Bought a bit more at $55 and a little more at $34-ish just before it bottomed. I think the stock has to get to $66 for me to sell all my shares and break even. But I'm going to go for long with it. The trucks are great and while production is going to be a bit lower than hoped this year, they producing and delivering. I went through the same with Tesla and wish I had held my stock I bought way back in the day. But I sold a few times, re-bought a few times. Not that I'm expecting RIVN to reach Tesla stock values, but as long as they get all the pre-orders delivered, build that second factory and add a couple new vehicles to the lineup, it will be just fine.

Lsthrz

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla S, 2012 LR4
Occupation
Geologist
Love the long term for RIVN and the truck is an amazing first step. It’s early yet but the response to the R1T is very positive. Demand is crazy of course. Production ramp-up will come.

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
I AM NOT BITTER!
Sponsored