Sponsored

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Does everyone own an iphone?
Any suggestions for phone mounts for Pixel 6Pro that works with your mount?
Thanks.
No. S22 user here. What I'm testing is from carmount.com. They sell a mag lock sticker that go on another phone. They also sell a mag lock wireless charger that I HOPE will lock onto the 17mm pro from Riviparts. Hopefully everything will be here within the week and I can confirm. Will keep you posted.
Sponsored

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I've now tried 3 different phone chargers and 3 different Riviparts mounts (OCD FTW). I've cut up mounts and epoxied different things together to try and make the perfect iPhone mount for myself.

I currently have a Peak Design case on my iPhone 13 Pro so I started with a Peak Design car charging mount. I cut off the ball from my first Riviparts mount and used the 3M tape to mate them together. Turned out to be a bit wobbly and not to my liking with the position of the charger/phone.

Yadda yadda yadda, the Course Motorsports charger paired with the new Pro Riviparts 17mm ball mount works a treat: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0BFC3FFRD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

This Just Wireless charger from Target also works with the 17mm Riviparts ball mount: https://www.target.com/p/just-wirel...GCNnfpcJEqZNKl-fslRoCn-AQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really liked the Peak Design mount with its rubber face so that the phone can't shift at all so I cut up a few of mounts and used epoxy to put it together. So I'm now using the Riviparts Pro 17mm ball mount with this new Frankenstein mount I made up.

I hope this makes sense.... can take pics if it helps.

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I've now tried 3 different phone chargers and 3 different Riviparts mounts (OCD FTW). I've cut up mounts and epoxied different things together to try and make the perfect iPhone mount for myself.

I currently have a Peak Design case on my iPhone 13 Pro so I started with a Peak Design car charging mount. I cut off the ball from my first Riviparts mount and used the 3M tape to mate them together. Turned out to be a bit wobbly and not to my liking with the position of the charger/phone.

Yadda yadda yadda, the Course Motorsports charger paired with the new Pro Riviparts 17mm ball mount works a treat: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0BFC3FFRD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

This Just Wireless charger from Target also works with the 17mm Riviparts ball mount: https://www.target.com/p/just-wireless-magnetic-charging-for-magsafe-charger-car-mount-black/-/A-86373143?ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&fndsrc=tgtao&DFA=71700000014846099&CPNG=PLA_Electronics+Shopping_Brand|Electronics_Ecomm_Hardlines&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs&LNM=PRODUCT_GROUP&network=g&device=c&location=9028279&targetid=pla-349474928540&ds_rl=1246978&ds_rl=1248099&gclid=CjwKCAiA9qKbBhAzEiwAS4yeDdhvgb2ThcZy99FxD-pQvkwAwS-asVwRuWEGCNnfpcJEqZNKl-fslRoCn-AQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I really liked the Peak Design mount with its rubber face so that the phone can't shift at all so I cut up a few of mounts and used epoxy to put it together. So I'm now using the Riviparts Pro 17mm ball mount with this new Frankenstein mount I made up.

I hope this makes sense.... can take pics if it helps.
I'd love to see some pictures!

Also, if there is anything I can do to help, hit me on using the contact form on the site. RIVIPARTS is just me and probably my favorite part of doing it is screwing around in the 3D modeling software trying to make neat stuff.

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
I'd love to see some pictures!

Also, if there is anything I can do to help, hit me on using the contact form on the site. RIVIPARTS is just me and probably my favorite part of doing it is screwing around in the 3D modeling software trying to make neat stuff.
@RWerksman Here are a few pics. Showing my installed "customized" Peak Design charger as well as the other "Just Wireless" charger.

All in all, the 17mm ball mount with the chargers I mentioned positions the phone in a decent place and has zero movements.

I imagine some people might prefer the phone higher up using the 1" ball and a Ram arm but I personally didn't like the amount of wobble I got doing that.

The new Pro mount is really good. Definitely better than the original. I can't think of any improvements I'd make to it. Peak Design makes a very nice Magsafe charger, just wish they'd use a 17mm ball system so I didn't have to make one myself.

Now if only Rivian had provided a USB-C outlet just on the side of the center screen, we'd be In business...

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1211
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1210
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1214
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1215
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1216
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1212
Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_1213

Last edited:

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Quick shout out to @RWerksman. I ordered the 17mm Pro. Shipping was quick. The fit is perfect. It's super secure and looks great. The placement isn't ideal, kind of behind the wheel and drive stalk but I don't think there's a better location for it. I went with Carmount for the wireless charger as they also have magnetic stickers that go on the back of my Otterbox case so my Galaxy S22 snaps into the MagSafe charger. It works like a champ and I'm really happy with the whole setup.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model 20221110_093031

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model 20221110_093041

Sponsored

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
Does everyone own an iphone?
Any suggestions for phone mounts for Pixel 6Pro that works with your mount?
Thanks.
I have a Samsung and was considering these two items..

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model 1668099499234

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model 1668099518987

bdavis171

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
@RWerksman Here are a few pics. Showing my installed "customized" Peak Design charger as well as the other "Just Wireless" charger.

All in all, the 17mm ball mount with the chargers I mentioned positions the phone in a decent place and has zero movements.

I imagine some people might prefer the phone higher up using the 1" ball and a Ram arm but I personally didn't like the amount of wobble I got doing that.

The new Pro mount is really good. Definitely better than the original. I can't think of any improvements I'd make to it. Peak Design makes a very nice Magsafe charger, just wish they'd use a 17mm ball system so I didn't have to make one myself.

Now if only Rivian had provided a USB-C outlet just on the side of the center screen, we'd be In business...

IMG_1211.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1215.jpeg
IMG_1216.jpeg
IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg
Love this setup with the peak design mount. I just need to find a ball mount I could fix to the back of the peak design without buying another charger....

EDIT: This doesn't work!

https://www.amazon.com/i-Trek-Sticky-Mount-Garmin-Black/dp/B002T0EK64/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=17mm+ball+mount&qid=1668100031&sr=8-15&th=1

Last edited:

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Love this setup with the peak design mount. I just need to find a ball mount I could fix to the back of the peak design without buying another charger....

Curious if this would work...

https://www.amazon.com/i-Trek-Sticky-Mount-Garmin-Black/dp/B002T0EK64/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=17mm+ball+mount&qid=1668100031&sr=8-15&th=1
Ooh nice find! Yes 17mm means that would work.

UPDATE: I ordered this part to check it out. The ball mount is actually smaller than 17mm which means the protruding ball is 17mm. Not sure why they would do it this way... Use this info as you will, but that means you can't use this with the Peak Design mount (if you chop it up and get a flat surface to mount this to) with the 17mm mount from @RWerksman.

Last edited:

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I'm an Android phone kind of person... Pixel 7 Pro to be exact. 🍻 I had some leftover RAM Mount parts from a past project, so ordered the 1" ball mount from @RWerksman. The arm going from the Riviparts mount to the RAM mount is the short double socket arm. The short mount bumps the phone up about 1.75" above the Riviparts normal location and I can see the majority of the screen. I also have a medium double socket arm that would bump the phone up 3" over the normal location. I will try after this one if I feel I cannot see the phone well enough. The Riviparts mount is nicely made, but I am slightly worried about it wobbling up and down as it's not real tight and there is a lot of leverage on it with this mount. I will know more after I drive the truck tomorrow.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model PXL_20221111_000952818.PORTRAIT

WattTruckMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
sorry, still not understanding what you put together onto the rivipart mount? I already have the peak design mount and case which are great. What am I missing and how did you put the two together? Thanks
I took the Peak Design charger mount and chopped off the ball mount on the back so I had a flat surface.

I cut up another charger and epoxied the equivalent of this on the back: https://www.amazon.com/i-Trek-Sticky-Mount-Garmin-Black/dp/B002T0EK64/ref=sr_1_15?keywords=17mm+ball+mount&qid=1668100031&sr=8-15&th=1

Sponsored

scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 1250GS
Clubs

I'm an Android phone kind of person... Pixel 7 Pro to be exact. 🍻 I had some leftover RAM Mount parts from a past project, so ordered the 1" ball mount from @RWerksman. The arm going from the Riviparts mount to the RAM mount is the short double socket arm. The short mount bumps the phone up about 1.75" above the Riviparts normal location and I can see the majority of the screen. I also have a medium double socket arm that would bump the phone up 3" over the normal location. I will try after this one if I feel I cannot see the phone well enough. The Riviparts mount is nicely made, but I am slightly worried about it wobbling up and down as it's not real tight and there is a lot of leverage on it with this mount. I will know more after I drive the truck tomorrow.
Keep this thread updated with your experiences as I have the same RAM setup and found the mount had more movement than I would have expected. I’m waiting for the MagSafe RAM piece to arrive for testing.

SACDFJC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ40
I went for a 60 mile drive today. The phone moves around too much for my liking with this mount. The placement is really nice with the extra height, but it just shakes the entire time you are driving unless the roads are buttery smooth. I think using the medium double ended RAM mount arm would make it even worse, so not going to try it. I am going to pass on trying to use the whole setup. I'll keep it for when my wife's R1S arrives. She uses one of those floppy vent mounts in her car today, so this setup will be huge step up for her.

PXL_20221111_000952818.PORTRAIT.jpg

tiltedandsaltyaf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I went for a 60 mile drive today. The phone moves around too much for my liking with this mount. The placement is really nice with the extra height, but it just shakes the entire time you are driving unless the roads are buttery smooth. I think using the medium double ended RAM mount arm would make it even worse, so not going to try it. I am going to pass on trying to use the whole setup. I'll keep it for when my wife's R1S arrives. She uses one of those floppy vent mounts in her car today, so this setup will be huge step up for her.
I think it comes down to the tolerances in each vehicle, the original 1in ball mount would almost fall out of the mounting location if i had the long arm on it.

But the "Pro" version is tight enough for my truck to support a Ram 1in Long Arm mount (6") with very little movement while driving around.

Rivian R1T R1S RIVIPARTS Cell Phone Ball Mount PRO 1 Inch Model IMG_8956

OP
OP
RWerksman

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
One thing to note is how snug it is before putting anything on it. Or shouldn't be floppy at all. There are a handful of folks who seem to have the infotainment screen mounted further out than 99% of the R1T and R1S population. I have a special part for those folks.

If it's not right, phase contact me using the form on riviparts (not here) with your order number. I'll get one of them to you at no charge.

feedairy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Tacoma, R1T preorder

IMG_1211.jpeg
IMG_1210.jpeg
IMG_1214.jpeg
IMG_1215.jpeg
IMG_1216.jpeg
IMG_1212.jpeg
IMG_1213.jpeg
Great set up here, man. Have you done any rough driving with the phone mounted, yet? I worry that magsafe can't hold up to off-roading.
Sponsored