RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I just received and installed these all-weather floor mats from RiviGear.

MSRP: $99.99, and there's a -10% off coupon on Amazon right now, so I got it for $90.

https://www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Protection-Compatible-Chilewich-Durability/dp/B0BWMHXSL8/ref=sr_1_5?crid=JKVS4KGHRN91&keywords=rivigear&qid=1680823683&sprefix=rivigear,aps,142&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Fitment: 7/10
It's... fine. For reference, I'd say WeatherTech all-weather mats are a 8/10 for fitment, and OEM all-weather mats are 10/10. Refer to pictures to see how it kind of puckers in some places, and doesn't exactly line up sometimes. Maybe it'll improve and conform as the weather warms up.

Function & Features: 10/10
1) Good coverage. Covers all of the dead pedal and every other area that feet will go.
2) Good slush containment: features lips built up on all edges.
3) Protection of side sills.

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review 1680827592934

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review 1680823928310

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review 1680823962143

Smell: 10/10
There's no smell: it's made of TPU. Didn't have to let it vent first, just stuck it straight into the vehicle.

Honesty: 3/10
The product page says that it's compatible with the Chilewich OEM mats. It is. Sort of. The Chilewich mats do snugly fit into the tub of these all-weather mats, and I appreciate that.

But this picture on the product page? Turns out that was entirely imaginary. The Chilewich mat absolutely does not just "button" onto the nub on the all-weather mat. That nub is only there so that it can clear the original peg on the floor of the vehicle.

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review 1680824748769

->
Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review 1680826595255

Value for Money: 11/10
For $90, this is such an incredible value. I'd do it again.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

windblowlc

First Name
Loc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911 Turbo S, Porsche Cayenne Turbo Coupe
Occupation
Retired
I'd throw these in the trash. There's no way I'd put these in my truck, even if it's free. I'd be afraid to even give them to someone else. The idea of putting a mat on top of another mat is already atrocious. And the fitment is even worse.

sben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
I see several threads about aftermarket all weather floor mats, but I note that the price difference is not THAT great compared to OEM, which at $175, seem pretty reasonable. Is there something negative about the OEM all weather mats that is leading people to pursue aftermarket options, or is it just that people are looking to save a few bucks? Thanks and sorry if this comes across as snarky - not my intent!

Sponsored

s00n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S - Jeep LJ Rubicon - R1S
I see several threads about aftermarket all weather floor mats, but I note that the price difference is not THAT great compared to OEM, which at $175, seem pretty reasonable. Is there something negative about the OEM all weather mats that is leading people to pursue aftermarket options, or is it just that people are looking to save a few bucks? Thanks and sorry if this comes across as snarky - not my intent!
Mainly coverage - aftermarkets usually cover the dead pedal and sills much better than OEM.

OP
OP
RabidRat

RabidRat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 03 S2K
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

You're exactly right: the honest truth is the OEM Rivian all weather mats are terrible. I returned mine as soon as I received them.

1) The edges had a chewed look on them like they were torn out of the mold.
2) The fitment wasn't very good.
3) They shipped to me totally warped (possibly this was the reason for the poor fitment, but at this point I was already going to return them and didn't look too hard into it).
4) The material is rather thin. They don't feel substantial like an OEM all-weather mat typically does.
5) They don't have good coverage, nor walls on the edges. They let slush run right off the sides.
6) They didn't have the Rivian logos in yellow, which was a disappointment.

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 3.55.59 PM

Rivian R1T R1S RiviGear All-Weather floor mat review Screenshot 2023-05-16 at 3.56.11 PM

Can't speak for others on whether saving money is part of their equation. But I do love a deal :).

Last edited:

sben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Thanks for the background! I figured there was a reason people were looking for aftermarket options, and the subpar fit/quality and lack of sides for slush/mud/water containment sounds like plenty of reason. Think I'll use the chilewich mats while waiting for more options and reviews to come out, though the linerx mats look promising. Thanks!

Ingo B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Word Slinger
I just received and installed these all-weather floor mats from RiviGear.

MSRP: $99.99, and there's a -10% off coupon on Amazon right now, so I got it for $90.

https://www.amazon.com/RIVIGEAR-Protection-Compatible-Chilewich-Durability/dp/B0BWMHXSL8/ref=sr_1_5?crid=JKVS4KGHRN91&keywords=rivigear&qid=1680823683&sprefix=rivigear,aps,142&sr=8-5&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.006c50ae-5d4c-4777-9bc0-4513d670b6bc

Fitment: 7/10
It's... fine. For reference, I'd say WeatherTech all-weather mats are a 8/10 for fitment, and OEM all-weather mats are 10/10. Refer to pictures to see how it kind of puckers in some places, and doesn't exactly line up sometimes. Maybe it'll improve and conform as the weather warms up.

Function & Features: 10/10
1) Good coverage. Covers all of the dead pedal and every other area that feet will go.
2) Good slush containment: features lips built up on all edges.
3) Protection of side sills.

1680827592934.png

1680823928310.png

1680823962143.png

Smell: 10/10
There's no smell: it's made of TPU. Didn't have to let it vent first, just stuck it straight into the vehicle.

Honesty: 3/10
The product page says that it's compatible with the Chilewich OEM mats. It is. Sort of. The Chilewich mats do snugly fit into the tub of these all-weather mats, and I appreciate that.

But this picture on the product page? Turns out that was entirely imaginary. The Chilewich mat absolutely does not just "button" onto the nub on the all-weather mat. That nub is only there so that it can clear the original peg on the floor of the vehicle.

1680824748769.png

->
1680826595255.png
I

Value for Money: 11/10
For $90, this is such an incredible value. I'd do it again.
I got these too, mainly because among all the other options out there, it best covers areas that (based on my other truck) routinely collect a ton of dirt. Co-sign the fake sell about the Chilewich's snapping onto the all weathers. I tried drilling it out, but the all weather's thickness basically makes its surface flush with the button, so nothing snaps into anything. I ended up using industrial velcro to hold in place, and it has held up thus far. Mine sat flat almost immediately - no pucker or weird folds.

Interestingly, they removed the photo advertising the ability to snap the Chilewhich's on top. I guess they heard the complaints.

Not worried about Rivigear being gone in the short term. By the time these rip, there will be other options out there. It's not like I'm driving while wearing ice skates or anything.
Sponsored