Sponsored

Rivian's progress - high likelihood of meeting 2021/2022 goals?

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
lyft pays $30-35/hr now in most cities, way up from before. what does a manufacturing job pay?
I didn’t know that. I thought they were contractors that got a percentage of the rides they drive. Tell me more about the steady income Lyft drivers get.

OP
OP

johnbro23

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Financial Analyst
I didn’t know that. I thought they were contractors that got a percentage of the rides they drive. Tell me more about the steady income Lyft drivers get.
lol. its all out of whack right now. check uber prices, they're through the roof just recently and most of the upside is being passed to drivers to incentivize them to come back, and drivers are scarce. Goes back to the point that more people are choosing to not work because of unusually high unemployment benefits right now. The surge in prices and driver earnings will subside, once the labor market normalizes in September

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
This not a political issue. Many industries are having issues filling their positions.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/u...-cant-find-enough-workers-to-hire-11620742194

There are several reasons for it with unemployment benefits being a part of it. If you want to calculate the amount people are getting remember that 300 weekly is in addition to what the states are paying. You also have people that still need child care as schools are not fully opened. Some people are still not comfortable returning to the workplace. Some people simply left the workforce.

There are 8 million open positions out there and less than 600k jobs were filled last week. That number alone should tell us a lot…..

Sdvictor

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
lol. its all out of whack right now. check uber prices, they're through the roof just recently and most of the upside is being passed to drivers to incentivize them to come back, and drivers are scarce. Goes back to the point that more people are choosing to not work because of unusually high unemployment benefits right now. The surge in prices and driver earnings will subside, once the labor market normalizes in September
Drivers themselves have said in interviews and feedback that they’re shit companies to work for at any price.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-uber-lyft-expensive-taking-long-driver-shortage-2021-4

https://www.curbed.com/2021/06/uber-lyft-expensive-new-york-city.html

there are plenty of articles that talk about this.

OP
OP

johnbro23

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Financial Analyst
Drivers themselves have said in interviews and feedback that they’re shit companies to work for at any price.

https://www.businessinsider.com/why-uber-lyft-expensive-taking-long-driver-shortage-2021-4

https://www.curbed.com/2021/06/uber-lyft-expensive-new-york-city.html

there are plenty of articles that talk about this.
yes, drivers don't get benefits, it is a low paying job especially netting out operating costs of the driver which aren't usually factored into the driver's decision to sign up, and both companies will publicly state driver earnings that are higher than reality... so drivers are generally dissatisfied with uber/lyft, and these complaints have been a constant over time. What has changed recently is that driver pay / hour is up - uber/lyft are optimistic that it's only on a temporary basis

LYFT on their May earnings call said that driver supply should improve in Q3 because of unemployment checks returning to normal, the 2nd reason given behind vaccinations
LYFT CEO: "Two is, the federal unemployment benefits are sunsetting in Q3. And that's clearly been having an impact, I think, on the whole ridesharing industry, but on the broader economy beyond ridesharing. So I think there will be a change we expect to see there."

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
My thoughts... 20k vehicles by the end of 2022 max. Supply issues and whatever else is constraining the company will dash a lot of hopes. I have reset my expectations for delivery until January 2022 (February 2019 pre-order)

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
My thoughts... 20k vehicles by the end of 2022 max. Supply issues and whatever else is constraining the company will dash a lot of hopes. I have reset my expectations for delivery until January 2022 (February 2019 pre-order)
Are you taking the over or under on Rivian delivering the last R1T LE by June 1 2022. Just Curious.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
This article is a couple of weeks old but talks a little about Rivian hiring averaging about 150 a week which seems huge. Imagine the workforce just to interview, vet, and onboard that many people.

https://driving.ca/auto-news/indust...r-week-as-it-preps-for-june-debut-of-ev-truck
They’re probably using a staffing/recruiting company for a lot of it, at least for the first level of identifying candidates and running any background checks that are needed. Some of those companies will even help coordinate portions of the onboarding.

MurryR1T

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T delivered 3-24-22
Are you taking the over or under on Rivian delivering the last R1T LE by June 1 2022. Just Curious.
Over.

Of course I have no insider information but just from outside looking in, I think they are having a supply and logistics nightmare.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
That's a big concern, imo. Rivian has talked about quality and it's hard to maintain quality when you're having to hire that many people, that quickly.
I completely agree.

My guess is this is another reason for the delays based on Rivian's aversion to cutting corners and doing things methodically. They want to make sure they have the people in place and fully trained before turning them loose.

Hopefully being in the Midwest, they are able to get people with significant experience that would make it easier to get them up to the level they want/need in a timely manner.
Sponsored