Sponsored

Rivian's progress - high likelihood of meeting 2021/2022 goals?

Caymanwent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
I completely agree.

My guess is this is another reason for the delays based on Rivian's aversion to cutting corners and doing things methodically. They want to make sure they have the people in place and fully trained before turning them loose.

Hopefully being in the Midwest, they are able to get people with significant experience that would make it easier to get them up to the level they want/need in a timely manner.
It does feel like the delays are self imposed. It’s a easy out to blame the delays on supply issues, and they are not...
Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
It does feel like the delays are self imposed. It’s a easy out to blame the delays on supply issues, and they are not...
Not sure I can go there. If they were the only ones pushing out production and having issues maybe.

Look at Ford, they initially predicted that Covid and related supply chain issues would impact them by between 200 and 400 thousand vehicles this year. In their latest quarter release that was amended to 1.1 million and a 2.5 Billion dollar hit to revenue.

Tesla stopped production for the Model S and Model X for a redesign and was supposed to start shipping in February, they have yet to deliver those models so far this year and latest delays are set at 6- 8 months. Some reports have the Model X not being shipped until next year.

We may not like it but there are issues out there for manufacturing and they are not limited to Rivian.