Sponsored

Rivian's next difficult decision will be whether to seek a buyer

Sponsored

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
Their analysis and commentary seems reasonable. Why do you call Crain's Business a shill?
It’s like articles on seekingalpha, motley fool, etc. Rehash of known concerns, aimed at getting a combination of subscribers or ad views, thus a shill.

Nothing new or insightful

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Seems to me to be a local news site covering their hometown company. Valid points, but I don’t know who is going to buy them. Ford sells 12x more trucks than Rivian will in 2023 and is already the number two EV manufacturer in the US. The Japanese or Koreans don’t need Rivian. Geely is a good fit, but doesn’t have the money, nor do they need Rivian. Maybe the Germans would be interested if the price were right, but I would be surprised.

Rivian’s best bet is to go the Tesla route: turn the hype train up to 11, pump more unrealistic products, and then sell billions in stock on the secondary market. Maybe claim you’re an energy company, or something. Sell flamethrowers.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

The Japanese or Koreans don’t need Rivian. Geely is a good fit, but doesn’t have the money, nor do they need Rivian. Maybe the Germans
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian's next difficult decision will be whether to seek a buyer IMG_20230307_070029

Sponsored

dp351

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ariel Atom, R1T
Clubs

VW?
Complete the Scout project as soon as you can engineer a rebadge, while eliminating your strongest competitor.

DuoRivians

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, MY
VW?
Complete the Scout project as soon as you can engineer a rebadge, while eliminating your strongest competitor.
At the right price, VW acquisition could make sense. I don’t think RJ would accept less than $40/share. He has class B shares, so he would need to be onboard.