First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Neighbors,

It's well after midnight and I'm just settling in after getting back from the gathering that you, I, and all the other good folks from Salem, McMinnville, and from the Portland area to the Puget Sound enjoyed this evening. I'm a night owl by nature, but I'm so energized after getting home, I don't think I'll fall asleep until around 5 AM. I really didn't know what to expect when thinking about this gathering a week ago, but it really blew me away that so many wonderful people showed up and had such a great time!

As I mentioned there, I really want to share with RJ and the rest of the folks at Rivian that, in addition to building a world class vehicle, they're also indirectly responsible for sparking an unknown number of meaningful relationships and communities in our area, and throughout North America.

I can't wait to do it again, especially as more people get their Rivians and the weather improves. After reading your post, and then realizing you wrote it just before we met today, it put a huge smile (and a few tears) on my face and also warmed my heart. I remember the flood of memories as I wrote those words in response to an awesome post from @ja_kub_sz. It was a very cathartic experience penning my remembrances.

After finally getting to drive my stealthy truck today (all the while listening to my First Song several times in a row), I'm even more in love with Rivian. Three years of impatient waiting disappeared in a heartbeat.

Thanks for hanging around until the end. I got so caught up in our conversation that I left the rest of my pizza behind. I'm looking forward to growing this group and all of our connections with more meetups here, there, and everywhere. Thanks also for your kind words today, and for making the long trip down to be a part of the gathering.

I hope some company folks also get the chance to join us next time to see what they've helped to create.

Be well and have a great weekend!

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Good people, good food, oh, and the trucks were all right 🤤

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

How ... HOW could you? Why would you? How DARE YOU .... leave pizza behind! That's sacrilege!!

😁
Oh, I did not go quietly. I got home, searched all over the R1T for that damned box, even the Gear Tunnel, and then called the pizza folks back to see if I'd left it behind. Turns out hey had chucked it just before I called back. I promptly chewed out the idiot responsible for this heinous act. Chewed him up one side and down the other, I did!

All that anger and all those mean words made me feel better for about two seconds, then I gave the dumbass a weak apology. The entire episode had my two cats taking cover under the furniture.

Luckily, all of that hate and consternation took place after I'd hung up the phone, as I was the subject of all that self-derision. "How could I have done that, gone and left that beautiful pie behind?", I thought. Luckily, I gave myself a break, as dId the cats....eventually.

Played a little Led Zeppelin "at volume", and the world was right again.....except for the cats. They took cover once more at the sound of Robert Plant's voice.....

I can only blame that on myself, as well.

To wit.....

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Oh, I did not go quietly. I got home, searched all over the R1T for that damned box, even the Gear Tunnel, and then called the pizza folks back to see if I'd left it behind. Turns out hey had chucked it just before I called back. I promptly chewed out the idiot responsible for this heinous act. Chewed him up one side and down the other, I did!

All that anger and all those mean words made me feel better for about two seconds, then I gave the dumbass a weak apology. The entire episode had my two cats taking cover under the furniture.

Luckily, all of that hate and consternation took place after I'd hung up the phone, as I was the subject of all that self-derision. "How could I have done that, gone and left that beautiful pie behind?", I thought. Luckily, I gave myself a break, as dId the cats....eventually.

Played a little Led Zeppelin "at volume", and the world was right again.....except for the cats. They took cover once more at the sound of Robert Plant's voice.....

I can only blame that on myself, as well.

To wit.....

I somehow missed you taking delivery, congrats! Was Forest Edge worth the wait?!?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I somehow missed you taking delivery, congrats! Was Forest Edge worth the wait?!?
I decided to not get the Forest Edge so I could get the R1T. As others have noted, the path to early ownership came with a needed move to Black Mountain, which happens to be a very pleasant dark shade of gray, with green piping and striping on the seats.

I still love the Forest Edge but I'm glad I made the move. I only managed 53 miles in my one day away from the PPF shop, and realized that wouldn't have happened had I not made the switch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the FE interior, once it's out in the real world, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the real world....

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian's impact on Normal [CNN article] 20220408_153005

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I decided to not get the Forest Edge so I could get the R1T. As others have noted, the path to early ownership came with a needed move to Black Mountain, which happens to be a very pleasant dark shade of gray, with green piping and striping on the seats.

I still love the Forest Edge but I'm glad I made the move. I only managed 53 miles in my one day away from the PPF shop, and realized that wouldn't have happened had I not made the switch.

I'm looking forward to seeing the FE interior, once it's out in the real world, but in the meantime, I'm going to enjoy the real world....

20220408_153005.jpg
Love it, congrats. Enjoy your adventuring.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

20220408_153005.jpg
Looks like you made the right decision
Sponsored