SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

We have just received a letter from the Rivian Customer Engagement Center. We had inquired as to why we had not received an invitation into the R1 Shop. We had also asked why we did not have a guide assigned as we were one of the very earliest adopters on November 28, 2018.

We were told that our preorder date was meaningless because we live in a very rural area, hundreds of miles from any of the Rivian Service Centers. The letter went on to say that Rivian is prioritizing deliveries to customers in or near major cities where Rivian has service infrastructure in place.

Reading between the lines, We think that we are being told that our order may never be filled as there will always be orders in big cities to be filled first.

We are very bummed about this turn of events. I have attached the letter from Rivian for everyone to look at.

Brian
Sponsored

Attachments

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Reading between the lines, We think that we are being told that our order may never be filled as there will always be orders in big cities to be filled first.
I wouldn't interpret it that way. You will just need to wait a little longer until they extend their service network a bit closer. (Just like the preorder holders in Hawaii, Alaska and Canada.

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
As an early pre order holder, this would drive me nuts. As a customer whose R1T has been to the service center on 4 occasions now (currently there now), I understand their point of view. Be careful what you wish for, but I totally get your frustration.

And I just noticed you are in Santa Rosa Beach! I'll gladly trade my R1T to swap cities with you :cool: . I'm either retiring there or Anna Maria Island.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

We have just received a letter from the Rivian Customer Engagement Center. We had inquired as to why we had not received an invitation into the R1 Shop. We had also asked why we did not have a guide assigned as we were one of the very earliest adopters on November 28, 2018.

We were told that our preorder date was meaningless because we live in a very rural area, hundreds of miles from any of the Rivian Service Centers. The letter went on to say that Rivian is prioritizing deliveries to customers in or near major cities where Rivian has service infrastructure in place.

We are very bummed about this turn of events. I have attached the letter from Rivian for everyone to look at.

Brian
Stay focused man, just change your delivery address....get your vehicle.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
Santa Rosa Beach doesn't exactly resonate as an extremely rural area in my mind... the Rivian lottery is real!

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
We already know there are others who have taken delivery that live at least as far from a SC as @moosetags. The question is, did those people list their rural address or some other address closer to an SC to get their truck sooner?

zipzag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Santa Rosa Beach doesn't exactly resonate as an extremely rural area in my mind... the Rivian lottery is real!
It's not. But it is not a day trip for a service tech from Orlando either. Maybe a five hour drive?

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

As an owner that is currently 3.5 hours from a full service center and also having to have my truck shipped back and forth multiple times, I think Rivian is doing the right thing as far as delivering to customers that they can give the best ownership experience possible as frustrating as that may be.

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson

Brian
I would guess it is something system driven. Maybe the address change will help? That combined with explore->adventure maybe created a problem in the system.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Stay focused man, just change your delivery address....get your vehicle.
I agree, might want to use your son’s address, seems like it is serviceable.

As on other poster said though, be careful what you wish for if you use that address and need service from your address, it would be on you to get to a service center.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I wouldn't interpret it that way. You will just need to wait a little longer until they extend their service network a bit closer. (Just like the preorder holders in Hawaii, Alaska and Canada.
Exactly!

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, F-150 Lightning Pro, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
It's not. But it is not a day trip for a service tech from Orlando either. Maybe a five hour drive?
I would probably change my delivery address to Orlando and see what happens...

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

I agree, might want to use your son’s address, seems like it is serviceable.

As on other poster said though, be careful what you wish for if you use that address and need service from your address, it would be on you to get to a service center.
People move all the time....we'll cross that bridge SooN.....

ImAI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, R1T
@moosetags

So sorry to hear about your dilemma.
I have been reading your comments and we all wondered why you have not received an invitation to the Shop yet. The document (PDF) you attached sheds some light on the answer.

I also want to thank you for posting the PDF. I did what you did and used the Rivian's Normal address and now read that it is being flagged as unacceptable in their system. Let me revert the change in my account now!

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

After Rivian basically telling me it's my responsibility to get my truck to the nearby service center (it is still drivable), I don't really understand why they wouldn't give someone the option of taking delivery with those caveats.
Sponsored