Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
You've just significantly moved the goalposts and created a straw man by adding the 2nd condition of requiring a higher price be charged to competitors. Ford can 100% require priority delivery in its supply contracts. They could likely even require exclusivity. Ford isn't a monopolist in the current automative market, and especially not in the market for semi-conductors.
Guys - not criticizing either of you. But can we put the legal slap fight to the side. : )
Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
It’s pretty hidden, but yes RJ has had a ton of help ($$$) from his Dad. Elon is a self made millionaire by 27.
it didn’t read like RJ had huge huge amounts of $$$ from dad, not relative to the billions in funding they’ve got otherwuse.

Nobody does anything by themselves. There are no “self made” millionaires. There are always, always other people around.

Last edited:

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Regarding the building tension around here, I think the best advice was articulated by Kevin Bacon in his first ever movie role:

I'm glad to say I was on campus when they shot Animal House and got to watch the filming of several scenes, including the "Food Fight!!!"

Does that qualify as "One degree of Kevin Bacon"?

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
it didn’t read like RJ had huge huge amounts of $$$ from dad, not relative to the billions in funding they’ve got otherwuse.

Nobody does anything by themselves. There are no “self made” millionaires. There are always, always other people around.
Yes, always people around, and some with a but load of money.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I've been paying attention to Rivian's job listings near me. There were 3 local openings in Philadelphia for awhile, then 2, now there's none. All for vehicle delivery related jobs. Now I'm excited!

Sponsored

FLARIVIAN

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T6
Occupation
Retired
Over 1500 career postings including these for 1st and 3rd shift stamping. Looks like they are ready to rumble!

74D9508C-79F2-487E-836C-7BB2120B6873.png
I was impressed that all Rivian job openings appear to require COVID vaccination. Preventing COVID outbreaks in the workplace should promote output of the finished products.