CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Carter,

Great first post! Looks like you've been here for 17 months in stealth mode. Way to dive in! I needed some time away from the Forums to find my reset button before coming back. While I love to joke (OK, sort of) about my phone being charged and ready to receive my call, I want my R1T to have all of the major bugs worked out before I go back to Normal to pick it up. Accordingly, I'm just enjoying all of the back and forth here as we wait.

Again, nice dive into the deep end!
Haha of course. I've been watching this forum for a long while without engaging because of the community, but reached my breaking point yesterday. I'm actually all down to complain when I'm about to drop $80k on a car I know nothing about, but this was not the time. I'd love to see this community become a lot more balanced and reasonable. Truthfully (and I say this as someone whose worked in Community Management for over 10 years), we can impact the product and Rivian's strategy a lot more if this is a place the company believes is a useful barometer for what their most engaged customers want. To do that we need 1) good moderation (where are the mods, btw) and 2) a stronger culture that's reinforced by its members. So I felt like I needed to chime in WRT that second point... :)

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Thank you for saying what needed to be said!!! It's been exhausting to sift through all the angst and the complaining for anything that was of any value or to continue the excitement around Rivian as a company, a brand, a lifestyle, a vehicle, etc... I've wanted to chime in here and there but already know its useless and gets us nowhere. I've accepted that people are going to be disappointed no matter what information is released, or when it's released, and there will still be people disappointed when they are in possession of their vehicle as well.

Love the energy though, I am here for it.
Pedritho and Carter,

I couldn't have said it better. ?? I know some have been upset when others of us either hijack a thread or devolve into low level comedy. I've always just picked my way through the various subjects and moved on if I didn't care for the topic, or didn't like a comment. There are gems of info and great insights throughout these forums, but sometimes you have to rake the leaves to uncover them.

I can't get truly stressed about delays and changes, as I have no control over what Rivian does. I also love the energy and the sometimes passionate back and forth, but some of the angst can get exhausting.

Enough said.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Haha of course. I've been watching this forum for a long while without engaging because of the community, but reached my breaking point yesterday. I'm actually all down to complain when I'm about to drop $80k on a car I know nothing about, but this was not the time. I'd love to see this community become a lot more balanced and reasonable. Truthfully (and I say this as someone whose worked in Community Management for over 10 years), we can impact the product and Rivian's strategy a lot more if this is a place the company believes is a useful barometer for what their most engaged customers want. To do that we need 1) good moderation (where are the mods, btw) and 2) a stronger culture that's reinforced by its members. So I felt like I needed to chime in WRT that second point... :)
I will say that this has been a very positive community overall until recent months. People were happy with "closer to production" for literally years, and "soon" has been drastically overused since the CS team has been live. I think people are getting antsy being supposedly less than a month from first deliveries, and just want clear communication (Customer Communications/Community Management).

I agree with your sentiment, but recognize that Rivian could do much better in managing communications and expectations with their preorder holders and "most engaged customers".

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
I agree with your sentiment, but recognize that Rivian could do much better in managing communications and expectations with their preorder holders and "most engaged customers".
I totally agree! And in large part I think the, "WTF?" sentiment was justified - just not to the company actually releasing information about when to expect information haha

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

I was in the middle of writing my thanks to you and Pedritho when you put this out there. Great to hear your insights and the rest of the conversations you've inspired. I don't need a rake to find the gems here.

Thanks again for diving in and contributing. I sure hope the company reads and takes our inputs to heart. You can bet they filter out the chaff from the wheat when they harvest our thoughts.????

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Here's a sincere suggestion for this forum's Admin/Mods:

Remove threads (like this one) in the "Rivian General Topics" forum that do not remain on-topic and place them in the "Chat Lounge: Off-Topic discussions" sub-forum waste bin.

It would be refreshing to give this forum a kind of reboot and cast aside so much of the noise-maker threads. I bet close to 50% of the threads in general topic area deserve to be impounded.

I pledge to cut-back on my habit of posting pithy comments and meme like imagery. âś‹

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Getting this thread back on its rails I'm exited to see more about the interior. I wonder if the Bluetooth speaker charges where it goes? I think the flashlight in the door charges in its holder right? I know its been talked about and supposedly its gone but I really hope the accent lighting is still there. I also don't care if they go into details over the UI as that will be changing and adapting over the years but how things are controlled I would like to see. like if we add the winch where do we control it from? does tank turn use the steering wheel to control direction of turn?

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

1) good moderation (where are the mods, btw)
This is something we should all think about. I for one am not sure how good moderation works. It's a fine line between moderation and censorship. Is probably a difficult job for whoever our moderators are.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

This is something we should all think about. I for one am not sure how good moderation works. It's a fine line between moderation and censorship. Is probably a difficult job for whoever our moderators are.
I would also be happy to help moderate with some guidance on how to do it properly.

Sponsored

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
The ignore button puts moderation into each of our hands.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Here's a sincere suggestion for this forum's Admin/Mods:

Remove threads (like this one) in the "Rivian General Topics" forum that do not remain on-topic and place them in the "Chat Lounge: Off-Topic discussions" sub-forum waste bin.

It would be refreshing to give this forum a kind of reboot and cast aside so much of the noise-maker threads. I bet close to 50% of the threads in general topic area deserve to be impounded.

I pledge to cut-back on my habit of posting pithy comments and meme like imagery. âś‹
I agree with everything you said but not my memes! Don’t take away my memes man!!

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I agree with everything you said but not my memes! Don’t take away my memes man!!
Read my fine print.... I said "cut back" .... not eliminate! :bandit:

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Read my fine print.... I said "cut back" .... not eliminate! :bandit:
You know obviously no one in this Forum reads the fine print, so let me be outraged!! ??