Clubs

psyca

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti G37 (IPL), Subaru Crosstrek
Getting this thread back on its rails I'm exited to see more about the interior. I wonder if the Bluetooth speaker charges where it goes? I think the flashlight in the door charges in its holder right? I know its been talked about and supposedly its gone but I really hope the accent lighting is still there. I also don't care if they go into details over the UI as that will be changing and adapting over the years but how things are controlled I would like to see. like if we add the winch where do we control it from? does tank turn use the steering wheel to control direction of turn?
I agree - definitely excited to see what comes out over the next couple days. There are quite a few little things that I want to see more of - as you said with the bluetooth speaker and the flashlight, it will be great to get some details on those. Also, just to get some good views of what the seats look like, how big the overall space is, and other QOL features that they have thought up over the years.

Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

I agree - definitely excited to see what comes out over the next couple days. There are quite a few little things that I want to see more of - as you said with the bluetooth speaker and the flashlight, it will be great to get some details on those. Also, just to get some good views of what the seats look like, how big the overall space is, and other QOL features that they have thought up over the years.
Here is Gideon's family, all 5'-9" of Gideon is in the front seat with plenty of room. His son, Gideon Jr, is in the back. For reference Gideon Jr is 3'-2 3/4" tall.

Under the seat, you'll find Gideon Jr's toy chest, filled with all the things to keep Gideon Jr occupied on long trips, thanks to the R1T's 300+ mile range! Again, for referecne, Gideon Jr's toy Brontosaurus is 48" long, 6" wide, and 9" tall.

More details on the UI coming in a future update, Stay Tuned!!

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
You somehow turned @CarterGee's entirely reasonable and welcome post about purchasing an entirely unnecessary truck into a taking-sides, political rant against COVID best practices?

Do these forums have block lists?
just clicked the person's user profile and mute them...have done this with 10+ people on here to cut out the useless comments

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
And as a capitalistic customer, I decided to take action, just got this on Monday, no more waiting.

IMG_0124.jpg
I hope that is similar to what El Cap will look like.

Would love to hear your opinion of the vehicle after you have had a chance to put some miles on it.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
Haha of course. I've been watching this forum for a long while without engaging because of the community, but reached my breaking point yesterday. I'm actually all down to complain when I'm about to drop $80k on a car I know nothing about, but this was not the time. I'd love to see this community become a lot more balanced and reasonable. Truthfully (and I say this as someone whose worked in Community Management for over 10 years), we can impact the product and Rivian's strategy a lot more if this is a place the company believes is a useful barometer for what their most engaged customers want. To do that we need 1) good moderation (where are the mods, btw) and 2) a stronger culture that's reinforced by its members. So I felt like I needed to chime in WRT that second point... :)
Well said CarterGee, I thought I was the only one feeling that way. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I too have been on this Forum for a while---active with a login since July 2019. Different opinions are fine. Written communication is always difficult to interpret at times.
Sponsored