Sponsored

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4runner, BMW I3, preordered R1S
Occupation
Engineer
A couple of waypoint chargers (level 2) installed at Under Canvas just north of Moab. These chargers (and probably the whole camp) are powered by a solar array.

Have any other waypoint chargers been spotted?

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 1

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 2

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 3

Also this article from this spring mentioned Rivian attempting to find a site in Moab for their fast chargers, has anyone heard of any progress on their Moab site?

https://www.moabtimes.com/articles/...-charging-stations-on-display-at-walker-drug/

Recap of Rivian chargers specs (from Rivian website):

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.02.19 PM

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.01.23 PM

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.02.19 PM
Sponsored

lg3103

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, Mini SE
Occupation
Director
awesome...have stayed there twice...another reason to go back once I get my R1S

dmnyc

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
A couple of waypoint chargers (level 2) installed at Under Canvas just north of Moab. Have any other waypoint chargers been spotted?

View attachment 8111 View attachment 8112 View attachment 8113

Also this article from this spring mentioned Rivian attempting to find a site in Moab for their fast chargers, has anyone heard of any progress on their Moab site?

https://www.moabtimes.com/articles/...-charging-stations-on-display-at-walker-drug/
What does it say at the bottom of the black sign?

Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
As far as I'm aware, those are the first ones spotted in the wild anywhere. Some other places have gotten Rivian-installed Clipper Creek chargers.

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
"Under Canvas Customers Only"
BOOO!!! I completely understand "customer only" chargers, especially for overnight charging at a hotel, campground, etc., but they disappoint me greatly.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Someone chat with CS re: "have to be a customer to use the chargers". I cry foul! However, I have
stayed at Under Canvas West Yellowstone. Fun time. Wife scared as you have to sign a release for being eaten by the bears. Hope they get the chargers there as well. This was our tent on a cold Yellowstone morning...
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian waypoint chargers spotted!! Located at Under Canvas (Moab) IMG_2994.JPG

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
A couple of waypoint chargers (level 2) installed at Under Canvas just north of Moab. Have any other waypoint chargers been spotted?

Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 1.jpg

Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 2.jpg

Rivian waypoint chargers spotted at Under Canvas (Moab) 3.jpg

Recap of Rivian chargers specs (from Rivian website):

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.02.19 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-10 at 12.01.23 PM.jpg
What I am most curious of regarding the Lv 2 chargers at the Moab: is it 100% powered by renewable energy akin to the claims of their lv 3 chargers?

Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

So if you are trying to do a trip across the country I'm assuming this one will pop up then you would get there and find you cant use it unless you stay the night? ya that's kind of BS

OP
OP
JeremyP

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
So if you are trying to do a trip across the country I'm assuming this one will pop up then you would get there and find you cant use it unless you stay the night? ya that's kind of BS
These are level 2 chargers, so it would take a full night to recharge if the battery is very low. There is also free level 2 and 50kw charging downtown Moab at the office of the local power company right across the street from the rec center.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Would hope for more than two at any spot... all the infrastructure logistics should warrant at least 4-6 minimum no matter where they pop up.

OP
OP
JeremyP

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
What I am most curious of regarding the Lv 2 chargers at the Moab: is it 100% powered by renewable energy akin to the claims of their lv 3 chargers?
He mentioned that these chargers (and probably the whole camp) are powered by a solar array. I can see a good sized array in the satellite view but my guess is they are still tied to the grid. I will be out there next weekend so I might stop by to check it out.

Last edited:
OP
OP
JeremyP

JeremyP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Would hope for more than two at any spot... all the infrastructure logistics should warrant at least 4-6 minimum no matter where they pop up.
I kind of see it like hotels or other businesses that choose to install level 2 chargers; its an amenity to their customers and may draw in more customers.
Sponsored