First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Nissan Leaf, 2009 Toyota Prius
Occupation
IT Manager
What's with the whole Enter-blah-blah keypad on the Right ? Location based activation, not just plug and play?!? Like getting the WiFi code at a coffee shop on your receipt?

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Next obvious question...can we deduce anything from the known location of this and the rough RAN Google Map?!?

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

What's with the whole Enter-blah-blah keypad on the Right ? Location based activation, not just plug and play?!? Like getting the WiFi code at a coffee shop on your receipt?
considering the ones that poped up in utah you had to be a guest at the resort staying there that sign has me concerned as well.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Next obvious question...can we deduce anything from the known location of this and the rough RAN Google Map?!?
These aren't part of the RAN (Rivian Adventure Network), afaik. They're L2 destination chargers -- not DCFC. I believe these L2 chargers are being called Rivian Waypoints.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Probably more like entering a parking meter’s identifying number when paying online.

if someone not using a Rivian/the Rivian app is charging, how do they otherwise indicate that?

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I am the yo-sem-ite

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
These aren't part of the RAN (Rivian Adventure Network), afaik. They're L2 destination chargers -- not DCFC. I believe these L2 chargers are being called Rivian Waypoints.
Right what we don't know if the Waypoints are grouped with the RAN DCFC locations on the Map.

Bumble1978

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT Manager
Right if these truly are Destination rather than true public L2 stations, then it'll probably be more like hey we're here at this place doing the things mind if we charge?!? It's not Gear Guard Guy is going to be standing there with a huffy look on his face if you roll up in any other vehicle and/or are not patrons to said destination. ???

Dersies

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tacoma
If there are any DCFC being put in PG&E territory a majority of the time it's prompting work to existing infrastructure. I would be surprised if one was able to connect this early.

Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Yea, that sign is gibberish and not even correct English! WTF?

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
Anybody know how to plug in an ICE to one of these since it’ll be years before I get my Rivian? (Sorry, just feeling snarky based on the production data spilling out this week…)

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird

bsaik

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2006 Land Rover RR Sport, R1T reservation holder
There are a few non-Tesla L2 chargers in Yosemite and they are Free! So probably they do want it to be like the coffee shop model to make it free for customers.
Sponsored