DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

No doubt about it, Rivian is stepping up to the plate in a big way here. A tip of the hat to RJ and his entire team.

Regarding degradation, I'm guessing that for someone who may never use DCFC, because of local use only, the diminished capacity over time could be very minimal. Garaging and home-charging when not in use will also have a good impact as well, correct?

Barring heavy reliance on DCFC for most all charging, and not beating the thing like a rented mule, that 70% figure would seem hard to reach.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
"Service can be scheduled from the Rivian app and with our Customer Service team. We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations."

Service - Support Center - Rivian
Just saying I checked...
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Warranty information announced! 0E1B25CA-C06A-46BF-907F-7752796962C7

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
So what happens if a battery overly degrades? Can it be replaced on these trucks or is it completely integral to the frame? If my truck has 69%capacity at 7 years are they totaling it?

twinprice

First Name
Winston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon XL Denali, Tesla Model Y, and LE RS1 - Hopefully!
Clubs

I love the idea of a mobile service vehicle or taking my vehicle into a shop if something major is needed, but what happens when I am in a city without any physical service center? I live in Richmond Virginia and I believe the closest show room, and Iā€™m guessing service location, will be Washington DC.

Drterreur

First Name
Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model3 Dual motor
Occupation
Healthcare
With Tesla, they used to come to your house with a Tesla on a flatbed, drop it, put yours on the truck and bring it to the nearest center, sometimes several hundred kilometers/miles away.

Sponsored

slawwach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, Hyundai Santa Cruz
Just got the warrant email too! Definitely fair and decent so only makes me more excited.
Did you all do anything specific to receive those emails? I did not receive anything since Jan 6th.

Did they also send an email about charging network for example? In my profile I have "General Communication Emails -> Stay up to date on Rivian products, news, and events." checked.

NorthernOak

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Clubs

Did you all do anything specific to receive those emails? I did not receive anything since Jan 6th.

Did they also send an email about charging network for example? In my profile I have "General Communication Emails -> Stay up to date on Rivian products, news, and events." checked.
If you're using Gmail, check the "Promotions" folder/tab. Thats where all my Rivian emails have been going even though I tell Gmail not to do that.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
When I purchased the car in 2016 Tesla was doing 8 years unlimited mileage warrenty for the battery and drive train.
Does your warranty cover degradation?
I don't remember when they made the switch to covering degradation, but they initially specifically excluded it from the warranty and covered only pack failure. Seems like they started covering degradation when they went to a mileage cap?

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas

I'm not getting anything, either. Launch Edition. Not gmail. Sigh.

Sponsored

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
I love the idea of a mobile service vehicle or taking my vehicle into a shop if something major is needed, but what happens when I am in a city without any physical service center? I live in Richmond Virginia and I believe the closest show room, and Iā€™m guessing service location, will be Washington DC.
Your guide will give you a piggyback the rest of the way. Pretty sure this is accurate

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
In Support --> Service
https://rivian.com/support/article/how-will-service-work

How will service work?
Rivian will provide convenient and comprehensive service coverage. Whether you need maintenance or repairs weā€™ve got you covered in all markets where Rivian vehicles are sold.

Service can be scheduled from the Rivian app and with our Customer Service team. We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations.

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
In Support --> Service
https://rivian.com/support/article/how-will-service-work

How will service work?
Rivian will provide convenient and comprehensive service coverage. Whether you need maintenance or repairs weā€™ve got you covered in all markets where Rivian vehicles are sold.

Service can be scheduled from the Rivian app and with our Customer Service team. We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations.
Also they have this
Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Warranty information announced! 2CF47F17-BAF6-4601-825D-8779A76EC1D3

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Also they have this
2CF47F17-BAF6-4601-825D-8779A76EC1D3.png
This will be a critical competitive piece for the insurance side of the business that Rivian says is coming, in addition to the peace of mind it will give all of us. I'm guessing that it will be through a partnership with an existing third-party provider, but to me, that's good news. They're everywhere, and already learning to deal with BEVs.

Bobthebuilder352

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kubota
Occupation
Farmer
So what happens if a battery overly degrades? Can it be replaced on these trucks or is it completely integral to the frame? If my truck has 69%capacity at 7 years are they totaling it?
They add one cell to get you to 70% and your warranty still expires on year 8.
Sponsored