Sponsored

Rivian-WI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60
This is great info, but I was hoping that stuff on the infotainment center would be this week's dribble of information.
We really need to squash the discussion on support for Apple/Android! :)
Sponsored

aAlpine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5, 4Runner
So for the corrosion warranty, the wording only mentions "body panels". I think we've heard they're going to be aluminum, so pretty resistant anyways. What about the steel frame? Is that covered at all?

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Our Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage includes all parts and labor necessary to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any parts manufactured or supplied by Rivian that occur under normal operation.
Hopefully some examples of "normal operation" straight from Rivian's twitter.

Last edited:

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
Riddle me this - exactly WHERE can you get warranty service? Inquiring minds want to know!
"Service can be scheduled from the Rivian app and with our Customer Service team. We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations."

Service - Support Center - Rivian

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Was there any info or hints on included or free routine maintenance under the new car warranty? (i.e. brake pads, cabin air filters, transmission fluid, spark plugs, oil changes?)

Sponsored

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
"Service can be scheduled from the Rivian app and with our Customer Service team. We are building out a network of mobile service vehicles that will come to you when service is needed. For vehicles that need to visit a physical Service Center, we will pick up your vehicle and bring it in to one of our service locations."

Service - Support Center - Rivian
Thats interesting. The last I heard (granted, it was a while ago), that was being discussed from talks RJ gave but I wasnt aware it was official.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Was there any info or hints on included or free routine maintenance under the new car warranty? (i.e. brake pads, cabin air filters, transmission fluid, spark plugs, oil changes?)
I’ll bet you they don’t include free spark plugs ⚡⚡

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
If I’m not mistaken 70% battery degradation coverage would make this the best electric car warranty on the market. Regardless, 175k mile coverage is fantastic, and gives me great confidence that they trucks are built to last

Vern Bybee

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sierra, Cherokee, XJ...
You have to do your own SPARK PLUGS & OIL CHANGES
NO SHOP WILL TOUCH THAT
AND THEY WILL BE VERY HARD IN FACT IMPOSSIBLE
(sorry My sarcastic side had to come out)

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
If I’m not mistaken 70% battery degradation coverage would make this the best electric car warranty on the market. Regardless, 175k mile coverage is fantastic, and gives me great confidence that they trucks are built to last
Tesla does 70% at 8 years. I am at 90% after 5 years.
Sponsored