Sponsored

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
I am not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but I just saw this on their website.

01 Capability
Warranties
Rivian vehicles are built to last. Our standard comprehensive warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles. Our Battery Pack and Drivetrain are covered for 8 years or 175,000 miles. And our limited corrosion warranty is 8 years with unlimited miles. Warranties are based on whichever comes first.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty

Comprehensive
5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
Our Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage includes all parts and labor necessary to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any parts manufactured or supplied by Rivian that occur under normal operation.

Battery Pack
8 years or 175,000 miles, whichever comes first
This coverage includes the battery pack enclosure and all components inside. Parts that connect the vehicle to the battery — including but not limited to external cables, harnesses and hoses — are covered under the Comprehensive Warranty terms.

The Battery Pack Limited Warranty will also cover the retention of 70% or more of the battery capacity within the warranty period. Batteries that are repaired or replaced will continue to be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period.

Drivetrain
Drivetrain Limited Warranty includes the coverage of the electric motors, gearbox assembly and the dual power inverter module with high-voltage cables.

Corrosion (Perforation Only)
8 years with unlimited miles
Perforation Corrosion Limited Warranty coverage includes the repair or replacement of any original body panel that rusts completely through, from the inside out. Any body panels that are repaired or replaced by Rivian under this warranty will continue to be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period.

A full list of warranty coverage will be located in the Warranty Guide prior to production vehicles being available for purchase.

Rivian R1T R1S Rivian Warranty information announced! IMG_20210325_140132
Sponsored

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Good find! This seems like a very solid warranty! This is the kind of info we need in order to make informed purchasing decisions.

Last edited:

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I am not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but I just saw this on their website.

01 Capability
Warranties
Rivian vehicles are built to last. Our standard comprehensive warranty is 5 years or 60,000 miles. Our Battery Pack and Drivetrain are covered for 8 years or 175,000 miles. And our limited corrosion warranty is 8 years with unlimited miles. Warranties are based on whichever comes first.

New Vehicle Limited Warranty

Comprehensive
5 years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first
Our Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage includes all parts and labor necessary to correct defects in materials or workmanship of any parts manufactured or supplied by Rivian that occur under normal operation.

Battery Pack
This coverage includes the battery pack enclosure and all components inside. Parts that connect the vehicle to the battery — including but not limited to external cables, harnesses and hoses — are covered under the Comprehensive Warranty terms.

The Battery Pack Limited Warranty will also cover the retention of 70% or more of the battery capacity within the warranty period. Batteries that are repaired or replaced will continue to be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period.

Drivetrain
Drivetrain Limited Warranty includes the coverage of the electric motors, gearbox assembly and the dual power inverter module with high-voltage cables.

Corrosion (Perforation Only)
8 years with unlimited miles
Perforation Corrosion Limited Warranty coverage includes the repair or replacement of any original body panel that rusts completely through, from the inside out. Any body panels that are repaired or replaced by Rivian under this warranty will continue to be covered for the remainder of the original warranty period.

A full list of warranty coverage will be located in the Warranty Guide prior to production vehicles being available for purchase.

IMG_20210325_140132.jpg
Great find & exciting info! Do you have the link? I'm about to look myself, but would be great if you have it handy!

Sponsored

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
Great find. One more item cleared in my pre-buy checklist.

Warranty is better than Tesla, don't know how it compares to Lucid.

Link to tesla warranty: Vehicle Warranty | Tesla

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
The wordier version from the OP is on the R1T/R1S product pages under: 01 Capability, tile 05 of 06 (+Learn More). Unfortunately can't direct link to those tiles.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is great news! Maybe it's an indication that the drip of information is about to turn into the drip, drip, drip, of information. I'm almost wet with exci.... Uh, nevermind. That was going to sound very wrong, on some level.

Still, this warranty is exceptional, and it's exceptional news. Turn on the hose, Rivian! We're all dying of thirst!

Sponsored

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
The wordier version from the OP is on the R1T/R1S product pages under: 01 Capability, tile 05 of 06 (+Learn More). Unfortunately can't direct link to those tiles.
They just sent an email

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
So can someone on this thread who knows more than me tell me how this compares to warranties on other trucks?

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So can someone on this thread who knows more than me tell me how this compares to warranties on other trucks?
Much better!

standard truck warranties (Ford, GM, Toyota, RAM) is 3yr/36k comprehensive and 5yr/60k power train.

Kickaha

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Tesla Model X
Riddle me this - exactly WHERE can you get warranty service? Inquiring minds want to know!
Sponsored