Sponsored

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
My guide now say there aren’t any 2024 cars. All of the inventory is 2023 and I can wait for next quarter but there isn’t any guarantee there will be a build similar to what I want (quad, granite with ocean coast internal)

it sounds like a BS to me and that he is trying to push me to get a delivery on the 2023 because he already submitted a transfer request to my nearest SC
Sponsored

TTedP

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'24 R1T DM, Large
Occupation
Telecom
My guide now say there aren’t any 2024 cars. All of the inventory is 2023 and I can wait for next quarter but there isn’t any guarantee there will be a build similar to what I want (quad, granite with ocean coast internal)

it sounds like a BS to me and that he is trying to push me to get a delivery on the 2023 because he already submitted a transfer request to my nearest SC
I might be inclined to believe them. Ocean Coast probably don't get produced in big batches like black and motor-wise, seems most of the newer ones are duals. If they're focusing on profitability, they're going to produce more mainstream stuff.

NathanB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla model 3
A new configuration was found (with 22" wheels) the rep asked for wheels change.
I think to just take a delivery with the 22", as there are significance more tires at that dimention

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
A new configuration was found (with 22" wheels) the rep asked for wheels change.
I think to just take a delivery with the 22", as there are significance more tires at that dimention
What was your original config?

You really want the 20". Better wheels and much better tire options.

Sponsored

AbhorViolence

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 VW GTI, 1998 Toyota Tacoma
21" wheels

Why I want the 20"? I mostly going to use it on roads
For the reasons I stated. Forged wheels, vs not. Yes you will have worse efficiency in the beginning with the stock tires. But when you change them you can swap to a bunch of 275/60/20 options for much better efficiency (and much lower cost), on par with or better than the 21s. See threads on here about that.

The 22's do look nice, but you'll have worse ride quality and much more expensive tires, fewer options.

niknokseyer

First Name
Niknok
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Software Engineer
The one I picked is with 22” as well.

RN034XXX

OP
OP

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Can we update this for 2024 - looks like R - 2024 (per my VIN).

Cheers!
Sorry for the lack of updates. I've updated it with the latest information for 2024 and 2025. There are a few new developments including the tri-motor configuration and different trim levels.
Sponsored